Talk

Advanced search

Helmet mirror

(4 Posts)
lavendersun Tue 19-Apr-16 07:25:06

I am sure I am being thick but am slightly confused. DH has a mirror on the helmet he uses on the tandem (mostly so he can laugh with DD I think).

I have always had a bar end mirror but decided to try a helmet mirror. He is away and I can't speak to him but I ordered this

reflex mirror

It is designed to mount on the left, not the right (discovered after it came) and comes from a US company where they obviously cycle on the other side of the road.

Will I be at a disadvantage with it on the left - I instinctively feel like I will.

I would try it out today but I knocked myself out coming out of my cellar on Sunday evening and am on light duties only for a week!

CMOTDibbler Tue 19-Apr-16 16:20:49

If you were just using it to look at your tandem companion, then on your left would be OK, but for looking behind you, I'd want it on my right for things pulling round me. How about this one?

Hope you feel better soon - did you forget where the beams were in the new house?

lavendersun Tue 19-Apr-16 16:49:39

Thanks CMOT, I am going to swap it with DHs which is on the right. I didn't give it any thought when I ordered it and was really surprised it was in the left! Then I googled it and saw it was from a US company.

Yes I did forget! I remembered on the way down but forgot something and turned around at the top of the stairs to go back. Couldn't have hit it harder if I had wanted to, what a fool. Still nauseous and dizzy two days on.

lavendersun Tue 19-Apr-16 19:02:03

Well, I have had a big bang on the head, but, I just went into the barn to look at the other mirror .... it is the same!!

I have reversed mine and it is now on the right. I really did look at this thing for a good hour and decided that it was left side only!

Sometimes I am surprised at my own silliness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now