Talk

Advanced search

Bad weather training

(4 Posts)
BuggersMuddle Wed 07-Oct-15 12:11:55

Every year I end up getting lax with cycle training over winter and thus not being anywhere near ready for an early season sportive. This year I have vowed will be different grin

So I'm curious, does anyone want to share their training plan?

I have a turbo trainer but start to lose the plot of on it for more than 20 - 30 mins or so.

I'm moving jobs too, so my usual 6 mile commute not available (new commute would be 12 miles each way, which I might not fancy as often possibly ever in the cold, dark days.

Current thoughts are turbo + 1x spin + try to get out on the weekend, which could be MTB or road as distances are likely to be shorter.

Trying to keep up a minimal amount of running and swimming as I quite fancy doing more triathlon or other mixed discipline events next year-end but not entirely sure how I'll fit it all in!

CMOTDibbler Wed 07-Oct-15 12:17:14

I do a couple of turbo sessions in the week, watching something on iPlayer which makes the time pass. Then I run 3x, swim 2x and get out on the bike at the weekend with ds.

TheFuzz Sat 07-Nov-15 23:45:24

Commute 5 days a week all weather's. Simple.

chrome100 Tue 15-Dec-15 11:17:27

I just accept I'll cycle less over winter and don't get too het up about it.

I only have a 200 metre commute to work so I walk. I ride at the weekends when it's dry, but given we have had storms for the past four weekends I've not always managed that.

I try to keep my fitness up by running before work.

I cannot imagine resorting to a turbo trainer. Awful things! For me, cycling is about being with friends, seeing nice places and having a bun in a tea shop. A turbo trainer is none of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now