Talk

Advanced search

Do any Lonon mumsnetters fancy a day trip to Bristol with me for the Banksy exhibition?

(13 Posts)
TheDevilWearsSocksWithSandals Thu 25-Jun-09 14:25:09

All of my friends down there are doing there usual thing of living in a van/tent and going to festivals all summer, and I don't fancy going on my lownsome.

LovelyDear Tue 14-Jul-09 17:22:30

we were there at the weekend, visiting families, and the queues were miles long. it would have taken hours to get through. just suggest you get advice from the museum about quiet days/times before you head off.

fabnewlife Sat 15-Aug-09 11:53:05

Went on Thursday. Got there at about 1, queue looked long but in total the wait was about hour and a half. There was an icecream van for refreshments, the queue runs along the side of Browns and there is a side entrance down to the toilets, so all in all not too bad as queues go. Exhibition is fantastic and well worth the wait.

sarah293 Sat 15-Aug-09 11:56:25

Message withdrawn

OrmIrian Sun 23-Aug-09 18:55:45

We've tried twice and decided that life was too short grin Queues are crazy!

sylvev Sun 23-Aug-09 19:06:41

Hi
Changing ths subject slightly....I'm taking DS(15) & 3 of his mates to Bristol tomorrow to see Bill Bailey at the Hippodrome smile We've booked a table for pizza at 5pm before the show, but wondered what we could do between 3pm, when our train gets in,until we eat? I had thought we might 'pop in' to see the Banksy exhibition hmm but having read this thread...maybe not sad
Any ideas welcome!

OrmIrian Sun 23-Aug-09 19:11:44

Arnolfini is good. The docks are a good place for a wander.

Tidey Sun 23-Aug-09 19:13:21

I was in Bristol a couple of weeks ago and yes the queues certainly did look huge. Loads of people at the bottom of Park St taking photos of the blue paintball splattered picture there too. Maybe they did that instead of queuing for the exhibition? Much as I think the paintings are good, folk make far too big a deal about the geezer.

sylvev Sun 23-Aug-09 19:34:52

Thanks, Ormirian.
Arnolfini looks really interesting, but closed on Mondays sad
What about the"At Bristol"/"Explore" would it be too young for 3 15 yr old boys?

OrmIrian Sun 23-Aug-09 19:58:38

Ooh I forgot that ! No I shouldn't have thought it would be. It's good fun.

BrewRequired Sun 23-Aug-09 20:13:45

I went on saturday and queued for 7 hours...

sylvev Sun 23-Aug-09 20:14:17

We shall give it a go! Thanks for the advice smile

MovingOutOfBlighty Sun 23-Aug-09 20:16:59

Think you will need to take some Tena Lady pads with you. I can't believe how long the queues are. We could get there in 5 mins and I can't be arsed even to try it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now