Talk

Advanced search

Family Perfomances at the Royal Opera House

(5 Posts)
oneplusone Mon 23-Feb-09 13:56:29

Has anyone been to a family performance at the ROH? I wanted to take DD to see Swan Lake but, according to the website you can only buy tickets to a family performance if you are 'invited' to attend. So has anyone on MN been invited and how do they decide who to invite? hmm

NormaJeanBaker Mon 23-Feb-09 22:53:34

I signed up for their on-line email updates and got 'invited' to the Hansel and Gretel opera at Christmas. Didn't go and now haven't been invited to Swan Lake. Sob.

NormaJeanBaker Mon 23-Feb-09 22:54:14

Why don't you give them a call. Think 'invited' is just a posh term for being on the mailing list.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Mon 23-Feb-09 22:59:09

Are the performances very cheap? It might be something where they're specifically trying to target people who don't normally attend such things, so they'll target lists of people who haven't bought tickets before? Perhaps? I've heard of that happening. It ticks their boxes in terms of audience development.

oneplusone Tue 24-Feb-09 10:43:55

Hi, yes 'invited' simply means being on the mailing list! I have booked for Giselle in April, tickets were £20 each for front row of Grand Circle. Good value i thought. I wanted to take DD to Swan Lake but we are already committed this saturday for other things. The only criteria is that you have not been to the ROH before. Am very excited!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now