Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going to see The Mighty Boosh on friday - anyone seen this tour??

(14 Posts)
moopymoo Sun 12-Oct-08 12:14:50

Love them very much but have never seen live. Dh who likes them too thinks it will be rubbish live and like a poor sixth form review that doesnt translate well to stage. Is he correct? Am i wrong as 36 yr old mother of 2 to lust after both of them? As said 36yr old will 42 yr old dh and I be the oldest there? Should I wear a lycra catsuit? (joke) Discuss....

brightwell Mon 13-Oct-08 07:11:10

I saw the show on Saturday, I'm not a fan, only ever seen a couple of extracts, and thought they were strange! I got roped in because dd was let down & needed someone to take her. Loads of people had dressed up as characters, there were lots of people there who are older then you...me for one! And I enjoyed it, laughed out loud at loads, to the embarrassment of dd.

peachyghoul Mon 13-Oct-08 07:29:51

envyenvyenvyenvyenvy

LazyLinePainterJane Mon 13-Oct-08 07:38:02

I haven't seen this tour, but went to one a couple of years ago and they are very good on stage. The Boosh was originally a stage show.

moopymoo Mon 13-Oct-08 11:47:41

oh am looking forward to it now. smile

brightwell Mon 13-Oct-08 17:07:25

Boosh stuff (can't spell souvenirs) was pricey, programme £12, t-shirts £18, pack of badges £6, take plenty of cash

How was it?

I'm off to see them on Saturday, loved their last one. I really need something to cheer me up at the moment. I want to make this grin face more.

Bump 'cause I want to know smile

jesuswhatnext Fri 17-Oct-08 15:56:48

my dd is going with a friend next saturday, can anyone tell me the time it is likely to finish? am trying to sort out transport for them.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 17-Oct-08 15:57:29

No but seen them before, they are always fab!

I wish I wasn't feeling so ill sad

Hopefully it will be just the thing to perk me up.

JWN will try to take note of when it finishes - probably around 10 is my guess.

flourybaps Fri 17-Oct-08 16:23:38

O yes let us know what its like. We have got tickets to go in december, must admit I was a bit worried what it would be like live.

We are going to see them at the M.E.N arena, its such a big place, cant believe how popular they are, hope they put on a good show.

I'm trying to plan a cool and funky outfit based around a woolly scarf, large overcoat and warm hat. I don't think it's achievable, especially not when combined with the bloodshot eyes, red nose and green skin.

Vince will never fall in love with me now.

moopymoo Sat 18-Oct-08 09:47:47

ohh it was fantastic like a punk pantomime. charming and weirdly cute. music great just loads of fun. tony harrison highlight plus the 'i did a shit on your mum' song. audience all ages though was a bit hmm to see kids as young as about 8 there. my ds is 10 - he has seen the first series but then it got a bit racier and i definitely would not have thought it suitable for him. though he would have loved it. loads of people dressed up - hitchers and mutant animals. dh loved it too though he was an old fart and wouldnt get up to do dnacing with bob fossil. i now want to stow away on their tour bus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now