Talk

Advanced search

Sound of Music Theatre Show for a 3 year old?

(11 Posts)
mylittlemonsters Wed 20-Aug-08 20:30:12

I want to take my little one to a show with some friends kids. They are about 6 and 4. Do you think this would be a good one for a 3 year old?

Also do the theatres have a policy on the age of child they will let in? I heard some won't let younger than 5 in!

UniversallyChallenged Wed 20-Aug-08 23:28:47

Went to see this in London and it's a good fast moving show. My dd much older than 3 but am sure my 3 year old would love it - lots of singing and the fact of children being in it helps.

Where are you hoping to see it?

islandofsodor Thu 21-Aug-08 15:26:39

Whilst the content would be absolutely fine I would say that a lot of 3 year olds would find it difficult to sit still for the 2 hours of the show.

hana Thu 21-Aug-08 15:27:53

I wouldn't take my 3 nearly 4 year old to a show - too long to sit still

LIZS Thu 21-Aug-08 15:30:21

They don't recommend the London shows until 5+ and sometimes older depending on content. It is a lot to sit through and given the ticket price you could end up going in and out, not seeing much yourself or disturbing others.

mylittlemonsters Fri 22-Aug-08 20:31:15

Um maybe I will stick to local shows for now.

What about the cinema?

Buda Fri 22-Aug-08 20:32:45

A friend was saying today that she discovered (having bought tickets) that they don't let under fives in. That was for Joseph in London.

LIZS Sat 23-Aug-08 13:21:03

I wouldn't have said Joseph was suitable for under 5's anyway. Kidsweek definitely bills it as 5+. Come to think of it there weren't as many young kids there as we saw at Mary Poppins

kerryk Sat 23-Aug-08 13:23:00

my dd1 has been to the theatre quite a few times starting when she was 3.

dd2 is now 4 and i cant see her going till she is about 14.

depends on the child.

christywhisty Mon 25-Aug-08 01:00:21

3 is too young really. Went to High School Musical and it was full of 3, 4 and 5 years olds with the attention span of gnat who couldn't sit still and as soon as there was any talking or slow song they were figiting about. Sound of Music is a lot more talky and slower, so I wouldn't have thought most 3 year olds would cope with it.

PortAndLemon Mon 25-Aug-08 01:06:57

Sound of Music in London the theatre doesn't admit children under 4 and recommends they are at least 7 (had considered it for DS who loves the film, which is why I know smile).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now