Talk

Advanced search

SOLFEST - anyone going?

(21 Posts)
filthymindedvixen Wed 06-Aug-08 18:56:03

????

LadyBuzz Thu 07-Aug-08 08:41:22

No but i'm so gutted i'm not, I have been for the last 2 years and can't go this year due to a friends wedding on the sat. We are still considering possibly getting tickets and going on the Friday and Sunday as we are local!
Are you going and have you been before?

filthymindedvixen Thu 07-Aug-08 13:32:31

yup - it's our first time...

We couldn't afford Beautiful Days this year and our boys were very disappointed. So Solfest seems similar in vibe and is much, much closer to us

Wassit like, wassit like?

LadyBuzz Thu 07-Aug-08 15:04:17

Its fantastic, I would recommend it to anyone its very relaxed and family orientated. There are usually loads of kids there and loads for them to do, its very safe and there is a family camping field thats quieter then the other side - not that that is bad! Its the sort of place where you can leave your chairs etc outside and know they will be there when you go back. The food is fab too. i'm really disappointed that we can't go this year.I love it - can you tell?

filthymindedvixen Thu 07-Aug-08 15:19:57

grin

Can't make up my mind whether to opt for very quiet camping field or family camping field...

We love everything about festies except for having to get up and be perky with kids when you've not been able to sleep for 3 nights...!

LadyBuzz Thu 07-Aug-08 15:46:52

I know what you mean. We usually stay in the noisy field and it isn't too bad there even - I do always take my earplugs though!
Basically the only difference with the very quiet field is that it is the one furthest away from the dance tent lol!

filthymindedvixen Thu 07-Aug-08 15:48:21

mine are 7 and 10 - how far is the family field from the action, as it were, in terms of dragging them back to tent when they are knackered?

LadyBuzz Thu 07-Aug-08 15:51:55

Oh not far there are only 8000 tickets so its a very small festival and the camping fields are around the main arena so you won't be more than 5 mins from your tent regardless of where you are!

filthymindedvixen Thu 07-Aug-08 15:54:22

8,000 shock!

I thought it was 5,000...

oh god, as long as the extra 3,000 aren't in front of me when I am queuing for a wee...grin

LadyBuzz Thu 07-Aug-08 15:57:11

It was 5000 for the first 2 years and they increased it last year - It was fine (she says reluctantly admitting that we borrowed PIL camper van with built in loo)
Even the toilets aren't that bad TBH - tip for you though early morning when the queues are huge they clean the ones in the arena first and there is almost never a queue for them!

filthymindedvixen Thu 07-Aug-08 15:58:06

<<whispers>> early morning I have a bucket with lid and themn blame the children for using it...

LadyBuzz Thu 07-Aug-08 15:59:36

I don't blame you grin

peasoup Fri 15-Aug-08 10:24:56

I'm going!!!

peasoup Mon 18-Aug-08 12:01:04

bump

peasoup Mon 18-Aug-08 19:31:27

bump

fullmoonfiend Thu 21-Aug-08 11:19:27

Hi peasoup! Just seen this!!

Very excited now. Have you been before?

fullmoonfiend Tue 26-Aug-08 12:50:51

How d'you get on then peasoup??

abouteve Tue 26-Aug-08 12:57:11

How was it his year. I'm going to try and make it next year. Not too far to travel for me.

fullmoonfiend Tue 26-Aug-08 13:05:38

Well a bit mixed - we had a blast but...

traffic and camping chaos, (not us but we were very lucky)
too many people for the facilities (ridiculous queues for food/drink and not much choice and many stands ran out of food. Not enough loos etc on camping fields)
Headline acts on way too late to stand much of a chance of seeing them with kids (like, 11.30pm, 12.30am etc)
Didn't think the much-hyped kids area was that brilliant tbh (compared to say Beautiful Days)

On the other hand...
The kids' activities were free
The atmosphere was great
The people were lovely
Loads of stewards etc
Some sunshine
Some great music and diversity of music
Wish I could have seen more grin
Beautiful campsite views of mountains and sea etc
We had a good laugh.

peasoup Thu 28-Aug-08 16:52:59

Filthy minded vixon, are you the same person as full moon fiend?

filthymindedvixen Sun 31-Aug-08 17:00:24

peasoup yes I am, sorry, I am interchangeable and I forget sometimes that I have done it...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now