Talk

Advanced search

Anyone at the Leonard Cohen gig in Edinburgh last night?

(9 Posts)
Monkeytrousers Thu 17-Jul-08 10:34:34

Wow

What a gig

I was astounded by his voice - let it never be said that he can't sing!

Plus Sharon Robinson and the Webb sisters - wow

All the musisianship - wow

Best gig I've ever been to

southeastastra Thu 17-Jul-08 18:05:55

i thought he was dead

GentleOtter Thu 17-Jul-08 18:20:30

<Waves at Monkeytrousers from a good seat up at the back>
It was just wonderful! The weather held till the end and the castle was such a romantic setting.
His voice sometimes touched your soul and of course, he sang 'Sisters of Mercy' just to me wink
Did you see him SKIP off the stage!

The Webb Sisters last song sent shivers down my spine.

The only downer was the fat Weedgie behind me who was vaccinated by a gramaphone needle and would not shut up the whole time and kept kicking my seat...I should have shoved him over the side.

Monkeytrousers Thu 17-Jul-08 20:17:39

Hello Otter! We were in the east stand - looking directly into the sun!

He was veritly skipping on and off stage wasn't he - v sprightly!

The Webb sisters version of If It Be Your Will was spectacular!

Lots of people talking and getting up though yes. I can only assume it was the outdoor setting. There was a woman in our row who nearly had a fit when he sang, 'I want to see you naked' or something. She spent the whole rest of the gig bright red and laughing at herself for being so taken away in the moment grin

Monkeytrousers Thu 17-Jul-08 20:20:06

Did you notioce he sang

'give me crack and careless sex' instead of anal sex??

Drusilla Thu 17-Jul-08 20:21:24

I'm SO jealous

GentleOtter Thu 17-Jul-08 21:08:10

I was in the north stand right in the middle and yes I noticed he sang those words... shock. I managed to restrain myself from whipping off my kit but it was just too cold grin

There was an awful lot of people moving about all the time and I was surprised at the amount of people who went right up to the front row to take photos.

Tinker Thu 17-Jul-08 21:12:49

Oh, I saw him last month in Manchester. I'm still thinking about it and LC cds only in the car. It makes me feel quite poignant because I guess I'll never see him live again sad But most moving gig; the whole of teh audience just loving him.

GentleOtter Thu 17-Jul-08 21:21:04

He is so loved but seems really humble. It was like he wanted to deflect the attention from himself and show off his ( amazing) band.

I wish I could have gone to o2 tonight....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now