Talk

Advanced search

Lion King or Sound of Music?

(11 Posts)
sweetgrapes Wed 11-Jun-08 22:53:24

I am planning to take my 13 yr old neice to see a show and am wondering between these 2. She hasn't seen the Sound of Music movie but has seen the Lion King movie.

The seats available for Lion King are right at the back.
Sound of M has better seats available.

So, which one???? I really can't decide so help me please!

islandofsodor Wed 11-Jun-08 22:55:19

Are Lion King seats at the back of the stalls. If so they are good seats. It is a fantastic show I would go see that personally. The choreography is stunning and the costumes!!!!!

The music is really good too, they have the harmonies and style of music spot on.

Califrau Wed 11-Jun-08 22:55:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sweetgrapes Wed 11-Jun-08 23:10:25

Even so far.

The seats for Lion King are 'Grand Circle Seats'. I think they are pretty much as far back/up as you can get.

islandofsodor Thu 12-Jun-08 08:57:45

Mm, yes, they are pretty high up. Stalls are best as the cast enters through the auditorium at the start of the show.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Sound of Music but the Lion King is a bit different and very spectacular.

belgo Thu 12-Jun-08 09:04:58

I saw the Lion King about eight years ago and it was fantastic.

mumonthenet Thu 12-Jun-08 09:20:25

imo:

Lion King is more art, costume design, symbolism/ ethnic. etc..

Sound of Music is the old fashioned musical.

What kind of 13 yr old is she?

harleyd Thu 12-Jun-08 09:21:49

oh def lion king

weeindie Sun 13-Jul-08 18:20:04

Def Lion King....absolutely fab and great for kids..I'm a teacher and took a load to it a few years ago - they loved it...so did I!

CantSleepWontSleep Sun 13-Jul-08 21:56:54

I preferred the Sound of Music, but if she hasn't seen the film then Lion King might be better.

annebe Wed 16-Jul-08 17:09:02

Well, I've seen both and nearly fell asleep during The sound of music, although it's one of my favourite movies...
so, definitely the Lion king - or the Phantom of the opera wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now