Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Lion King - is it worth taking the plunge and paying for top price tickets?

(8 Posts)
ptangyangkipperbang Tue 18-Sep-07 11:11:20

Taking DS2 aged 7. He saw the mini show at Disneyland Paris and is desperate to see the whole thing. I'm so shocked by how expensive it is. If we pay for the cheaper tickets will I spend the whole time wishing we'd 'splurged'?

jo25 Tue 18-Sep-07 11:20:32

I would slurge if possible, it is great show. We to saw the one at disneyland paris and they are quite different but both very enjoyable.

PollyLogos Tue 18-Sep-07 11:24:04

I would splurge if possible. I took my children about 5 years ago and we were sitting 'up in the gods' It was great and we could see ok but I do regret not splashing out to be close to the stage.- costumes, make up and just generally being closer to the action.

littlemissbossy Tue 18-Sep-07 11:26:21

Yes! abso-bloody-lutely! Also seen both but the disney version ain't a patch on the real thing. Buy the best tickets you can afford - stalls are the best in my opinion - you'll see why when you go. It's fantastic BTW and worth every penny.

Sunshinemummy Tue 18-Sep-07 11:27:59

I agree - splurge. It's fantastic and shows are always designed for the stalls so it's only there you see it how you're supposed to.

Notyummy Tue 18-Sep-07 11:32:00

It is wonderful for all ages. Dh and I saw it in London pre dd. Spend what you can afford and get best poss seats...he will love it, and you will love watching his little face! I am going to take dd when she old enough.

ptangyangkipperbang Tue 18-Sep-07 12:15:03

Thank you. I am very excited now grin. At least we are only taking DS2 as DS1 and DS3 are doing other things - thank goodness!

ptangyangkipperbang Tue 18-Sep-07 12:56:27

Booked grin. In the stalls but quite near the back. In the centre though. Avoided the £15.90 shock booking fee by going through the Ticketmaster site rather than the London Theatre site that then directed you to Ticketmaster but charged you a fortune for the pleasure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now