Talk

Advanced search

The Ivy friday night, can I be bothered?

(18 Posts)
alycat Wed 22-Aug-07 09:22:05

DHs client from the States has cancelled dinner on Friday night, DH has invited me.

I'd like to go but...

DS has been in hosp for 2 days for scans (inc GA) this week so is a bit more unsettled than usual (has SN)our usual sitter has only put him to bed a few times and he gets quite upset.

If I go will I be relaxed enough to enjoy myself?

I'm tempted to give the booking to friends who would love it, I have been before it is quite nice there.

decisions.....

binkleandflip Wed 22-Aug-07 09:22:53

I think it's gone off a bit to be honest.

littlelapin Wed 22-Aug-07 09:23:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

oliveoil Wed 22-Aug-07 09:25:12

can you put him to bed before you go?

alycat Wed 22-Aug-07 09:29:50

Sadly it's a 6.30 table, these american clients like to eat really early, so no real chance of getting him to bed before leaving as will take over an hour to get there.

Have had great meals there before, but really if I'm going up to town I'd prefer Sheekeys, Skylon or somewhere less pretentious (although the waiter did tutt at me in J. Sheekey when I wanted my own pud and not share with my DH ).

Jessicatmagnificat Wed 22-Aug-07 09:30:41

Alycat

Well, I would go I think, as long as your DS is ok on the day. Come back on here and tell us hicks what you had to eat and who you saw!

alycat Wed 22-Aug-07 09:35:00

will do jcm although don't read any sleb mags, so am rubbish on the spotting front.

DH, however, is much better as works in office full of women and absorbs Heat/OK by osmosis (or so he says, methinks he reads it on the quiet!)

binkleandflip Wed 22-Aug-07 09:36:46

well I love heat - I want to go for highbrow stuff but I'm unable to pass the stand without picking it up - and my dh reads it on the loo so how common are we? He does go to the Ivy fairly regularly though, so common with a bit of dosh so its not all bad !!

alycat Wed 22-Aug-07 09:40:31

Not at all a judgement of your reading tastes, more a statment of how little time I have for reading anything newspaper/mags/books - although do manage to spend awhile on here ....

I look at it in the haridressers (3 hours sitting down withouth dcs - bliss) and actually bought an OK yesterday but they brought DS round before I'd got past the Kate and Pete in Cyprus Story!

binkleandflip Wed 22-Aug-07 09:42:14

It's all a load of tosh but sometimes a welcome escape from RL depressing news stuff I find.

Anyway, I think if you can, you should go and have a great night out

littlelapin Wed 22-Aug-07 09:54:46

alycat Wed 22-Aug-07 09:57:25

Thanks, ll, no I don't feel like such a saddo as to not make time to read them! Quite a bit of this OK was BB, never watched it so irrelevant to me.

CountessDracula Wed 22-Aug-07 09:58:39

What exactly is cultural about the Ivy??!

littlelapin Wed 22-Aug-07 10:03:01

alycat Wed 22-Aug-07 10:06:00

CD, I hope you have also commented thus on the thread entitled 'Justin Timberlake' that is in CV's?

I've had more response to this than my Glyndebourne thread, which just goes to show everybodies vision of culture is diff.

CountessDracula Wed 22-Aug-07 10:16:31

I don't look in CVs only at active convos so I see whatever is up on there

Was just a bit that this was considered cultural..

littlelapin Wed 22-Aug-07 10:26:06

alycat Wed 22-Aug-07 10:48:59

ll, it was a few weeks ago, really just asking if anyone had been and what to wear as was going for the first time.

It was absolutely AMAZING btw, went with good gf, dressed to the nines, in her DHs Porsche and the weather was fab.

Sat on a low wall in the gardens drinking Kir Royales in the sun, people watching. Opera was fab - although prince was a little pale/weak , Dandini was spectacular/witty (Rossinis La Cenenrentola (sp) basically Cinderella) Food was fab too.

A highly recommended treat! (Tickets were given to us by another gf lovely DH!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: