Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What;s the worst song you have ever heard?

(369 Posts)
UnquietDad Tue 31-Jul-07 17:59:33

For several years, for me, it was Puffy P Diddy Daddy's drive-by murder of "Every Breath You Take", inexplicably re-titled "I'll Be Missing You", and even more inexplicably Number One for 6 weeks in 1997.

But now it's something I had the misfortune to hear the other day, a collaboration between someone called Nelly and someone called Tim McGraw.

The former presumably has enough bling and "attitude" and stupid sportswear for him not to mind people pointing at him and saying "you've got a girl's name". The latter is one of those people you only find in the American charts, clad in shades and a black cowboy hat and sporting a camp goatee. Yes, it's the world's first rap-country crossover, and it is every bit as bad as that sounds.

It meanders along for four minutes (although it seems much, much longer) with no vestige of a tune and one or both of Nelly and Tim growling "it's allll in mah heeeee-d".

The video gives away the fact that the two of them haven't even met and probably recorded the thing in two separate studios thousand of miles apart, thus betraying the "song"'s origins as a marketing-man's dream. Presumably it's aiming at snaring a predominantly-southern-state white redneck audience and an urban black audience at the same time. I note also from the video that "Nelly" also wears a plaster on his head (heeeee-d), presumably because he really isn't a wack def jam muthafeckin brutha from da streetz at all, but a bit of a wuss who got scratched by someone else in the playground.

It's such an unmitigated load of shite. And it'll probably lead to more amalgamations of the two genres: "Mah Baby Dang Done Left Me (So My Homeez Gonna Fill Da Bitch Wit Lead)" perhaps? Or "I Ain't Gonna Hang Wit Ya Posse No More (Cos You Said Mah Cousin's Dawg Was Ugly)"?

greensleeves Tue 31-Jul-07 18:04:25

there was a 'song' when I was at school by some bint called Crystal Waters, it went "laladee, laladay, laladee, laladay" over and over again really tunelessly

greensleeves Tue 31-Jul-07 18:05:14

....or alternatively, "Ugly Chicks Can Screw" by 2Live Crew

bagsundereyes Tue 31-Jul-07 18:05:34

Keane
Everything Changes.

Your man has the most whiney, banal voice it has ever been my misfortune to hear.

The words are trite.

And the plinky plink piano sounds like the feem toon to some godawful Sunday night ITV1 drama, probably starring Kevin Whately and at least one Cusack sister.

PestoMonster Tue 31-Jul-07 18:06:19

Agadoo

witchandchips Tue 31-Jul-07 18:09:20

Float on by the Floaters

pirategirl Tue 31-Jul-07 18:09:53

unquiet, i must go find this wonderfu ltrack u r on about.

I am wracking my brains here to isolate a terrible song, um

'where did you come from cotton eye'd joe' that is soooooooo shit.

emma bunton has had some bad ones, and mel c likewise.

will be back later.

Mercy Tue 31-Jul-07 18:20:37

'Rio' by Duran Duran

and pretty much anything by Spandau Ballet

And loads more.

southeastastra Tue 31-Jul-07 18:22:10

i will always love you

witney ouston

witchandchips Tue 31-Jul-07 18:23:32

think the worst has got to be jimmer-jamers from nick-jr though.

how many children go for a "tinkle" any more?

totaleclipse Tue 31-Jul-07 18:25:05

That stupid pop song about take-aways.

witchandchips Tue 31-Jul-07 18:26:20

sorry totaleclispse but "once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm only falling apart" ????

totaleclipse Tue 31-Jul-07 18:27:24

mufti Tue 31-Jul-07 18:28:41

2 really
bohemian rhapsody

video killed the radio star

wildwoman Tue 31-Jul-07 18:29:09

gina g, ooh a just a little bit

totaleclipse Tue 31-Jul-07 18:29:59

Oh its horrible being in love when you're 8 and a half.

witchandchips Tue 31-Jul-07 18:30:43

and loving your grandma

greensleeves Tue 31-Jul-07 18:32:09

aaaarrgh witchandchips, that jimmerjammers thing makes my flesh creep, it really is cringeworthy [shiver]

witchandchips Tue 31-Jul-07 18:36:27

do you want to sleep tightly for the whole of the night???? [cackling witch emoticon]

Sheherazadethegoat Tue 31-Jul-07 18:37:04

awful lavingne's 'when you are gone' the lyrics are excruciating.

Califrau Tue 31-Jul-07 18:38:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fawkeoff Tue 31-Jul-07 18:40:50

them fookin cheeky girl songs r just wrong..........and chico

Sheherazadethegoat Tue 31-Jul-07 18:45:35

anything by natasha 'chirpy cookie' bedingfield

wildwoman Tue 31-Jul-07 18:46:19

I wanna have your babies!

Sheherazadethegoat Tue 31-Jul-07 18:47:53

really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now