Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you've got a Daily Mail World at War token for 8, 9 or 15 July, I'll send you in return...

(23 Posts)
MarieCeleste Mon 16-Jul-07 16:50:17

...a brand new children's book if you want one (I review them). You could just say what age you wanted, 0-15.

I know, I know, I hate the Daily Mail, but I need the World at War DVDs for ds' GCSE course, and for me because I think it's the greatest series ever made...pretty please...

MarieCeleste Mon 16-Jul-07 16:59:24

Now where's that JoolsToo when you need her?

<drums fingers>

Tootiepegs Mon 16-Jul-07 17:11:15

Hi

Have trawled the recycling box and can only find ones from the 7th and 14th July - any good?

MarieCeleste Mon 16-Jul-07 17:11:56

Oh, come on, I know you all read the Daily Mail. I take back the bit about hating it in the OP <fingers crossed behind back>

MarieCeleste Mon 16-Jul-07 17:13:19

Oh, thanks, Tootiepegs - I think I may have to ring the dreaded Mail to see if the tokens really do have to be consecutive dates - seems a bit stringent. ATM, looks like a no; but as I say I may have to ring them.

JoMa Mon 16-Jul-07 17:16:45

just checked recycling, I have july 7th and july 15th, do you want the one from 15th?

Nemo2007 Mon 16-Jul-07 17:18:59

will check with pil.

JoMa Mon 16-Jul-07 17:20:05

having said that, I have the paper, can find no sign of a token in there?

MarieCeleste Mon 16-Jul-07 17:22:48

Thanks, JoMa - that's a puzzle - 15 was a Sunday paper, but I can't work out how the offer works, groan. I think I will have to ring them tomorrow to see if I can work it out - can I let you know?

thomcat Mon 16-Jul-07 17:24:16

If the 15th was sunday then I can help, I bought it for the prince cd.

Shall I look through and send it to you?

MarieCeleste Mon 16-Jul-07 17:27:32

Thanks, I feel really daft now, but I honestly can't work out how the promotion works. Not sure if there is meant to be a token in the Sunday papers - and if not, how you get the requisite number, oh dear.

JoolsToo Mon 16-Jul-07 17:29:07

hey Marie even missed the bloomin Prince cd on Sunday and I'm a big fan!

Contrary to popular belief I buy the DM only very occasionally.

thomcat Mon 16-Jul-07 17:30:32

Well I've just been in the recycling bin and dug it out and flicked through and can't see a voucher. Am happy to send you the whole appr if you like. Was it in a supplement or the main paper?

JoMa Mon 16-Jul-07 18:41:06

Joolstoo I have the cd and don't want it so could send it to you? And I have the World at War disc 1940-1941 if you want that MarieCeleste?

JoolsToo Mon 16-Jul-07 22:38:28

ooh JoMa that would be marvellous

I'll see if you respond and then I'll give you my email addy.

Ta!

JoMa Mon 16-Jul-07 22:40:28

kirkbyellen
yahoo.co.uk

email me

JoolsToo Mon 16-Jul-07 23:09:58

thanks I have emailed - sorry its late I know.
Maybe tomorrow?

JoolsToo Mon 16-Jul-07 23:17:10

<faints at efficiency of JoMa>

Twinklemegan Mon 16-Jul-07 23:22:47

MC - I don't think there are tokens in the Sunday papers and I'm pretty sure you only need 8 tokens in total.

I'm sure I must have the one from the 9th - I'll check tomorrow. Do you have CAT? I don't want to post my email address online.

(I've been going into town every day to pick up the DM from WHSmiths for these DVDs.)

Twinklemegan Mon 16-Jul-07 23:25:46

Damn - would you believe I've got every one except that one?

MarieCeleste Tue 17-Jul-07 13:09:11

Gosh, thanks, everyone - I've now sat down and focussed on the promo info and have concluded that they don't carry tokens in the Sunday Mails, and that I have got enough for the offer, phew - I just have to make sure I trot out and buy the Mail nearly every day till the end of the month, which I should be able to manage.

So grateful for all the offers, though. I have a totally fogged brain because my dad is sick, which also impedes my Mail-buying ability.

JT, glad you got a Prince CD out of all this anyway! I just can't help respecting your staunch defence of the Daily Mail every time it comes up, so you immediately came to mind

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 17-Jul-07 13:24:08

Oh good, save me going rummaging in the very wet recycling bag for Sunday's mail for you...

MarieCeleste Tue 17-Jul-07 13:36:24

Thanks for the offer, anyway, FJ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now