Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

There will ^not^ be a musical version of the Master and Margerita ...

(10 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Wed 04-Jul-07 20:28:19

Apparently ALW found it wasn't possible. Duh.

At any rate, I know I saw this potential musical mentioned on here (with much wringing of hands and angst) so I thought I'd let you know. This change was mentioned in the Guardian or Observer or something, in an interview with him, so I'm hoping it's true.

slim22 Thu 05-Jul-07 02:47:33

a musical version??????????? [shok]

slim22 Thu 05-Jul-07 02:47:56

a musical version???????????

NotQuiteCockney Thu 05-Jul-07 06:11:12

Yes, there was going to be an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical of this - it was announced last year sometime that he was planning it. I started a thread full of , and saw another thread saying the same thing, later ...

MrsJohnCusack Thu 05-Jul-07 06:31:47

thank you NQC - I was one of the hand wringers

thank goodness for that!

NotQuiteCockney Thu 05-Jul-07 06:32:20

It is the obvious outcome, isn't it. I wonder if ALW had read the book before he started trying to make a musical of it?

MrsJohnCusack Thu 05-Jul-07 07:02:31

he probably just saw the cat on the cover of the paperback and thought 'aha!'

CaraLondon Thu 05-Jul-07 10:52:48

I'm with slim22 - a musical??????

Oh well, weirder ideas for musicals exist - a musical based on TS Eliot's nonsense poems about cats must have seemed really odd to bein with?

Marina Thu 05-Jul-07 11:50:05

Oh thank God for that!

NotQuiteCockney Thu 05-Jul-07 16:51:48

Well, yes, a musical based on those poems was a weird idea, but not as weird as this, surely. I mean, there's a whole plot there for them to mess up, whereas with poems, surely, they can just take whatever bits they want ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now