Talk

Advanced search

London show suitable for 5 year old

(12 Posts)
LadyLapsang Sun 30-Dec-18 15:01:27

Polka Theatre has Wind in the Willows on, suitable for 5 plus.

AlexanderHamilton Sat 08-Dec-18 17:57:10

The OP wanted London & Shrek isn’t on in London.

PrincessHairyMclary Sat 08-Dec-18 16:43:20

Aladdin as it's very pantomime like. The story's is easy to follow and it's very funny.if you get the slip seats they are cheaper as they say the view I see restricted but it's not.

Stomp was brilliant DD saw it at 5, there are no words just body language and percussionist from everyday objects and quite a lot of audience participation DD was laughing so loud they incorporated it into the show which was very good of them.

combatbarbie Sat 08-Dec-18 16:40:54

Lion king, Shrek, Aladdin

AlexanderHamilton Sat 08-Dec-18 16:29:31

The hard to follow bit isn’t in the film or books. It involves Matilda telling Mrs Phelps the librarian a story and the characters come alive in her imagination. This is interspersed throughout the show with a realisation towards the end.

AlexanderHamilton Sat 08-Dec-18 16:28:06

The internet is really really great isn’t it mumtoboy.

Owletterocks Sat 08-Dec-18 15:44:31

My 5 year old loved Matilda. Maybe if they watched the film first it would help them to follow the story?

Mumtoboy123 Sat 08-Dec-18 15:42:50

I saw the lion king when i was that age. It was amazing and sparked a massive interest in theatre for me. Be careful tjough, because of this my parents spent so much money taking me to musicals at the theatre!! Theyre still doing it now -avenue Q for my wedding anniversary!

AlexanderHamilton Sat 08-Dec-18 15:27:29

Dd was 6 when we saw Lion King. The worst scene is the stampede. Two children aged about 4/5 had to be taken out sobbing. Dd had tears in her eyes but was fine.

HugoBearsMummy Sat 08-Dec-18 15:25:28

Aladdin is good as it's quite pantomime-y . Or how about The Lion King?

AlexanderHamilton Sat 08-Dec-18 15:24:16

Matilda is fantastic but quite dark and with a subplot that might be difficult to follow for a 5 year old.

I’d say Aladdin was more suitable for that age.

polyhymnia Sat 08-Dec-18 15:22:12

Would like to take my 5 year old DGS to the London theatre as a birthday treat. Had thought of Matilda, but is 5 old enough to enjoy this? Aladdin might be another possibility ?
He’s quite bright and concentrates non stop through children’s feature films - not particularly nervous but I’d want to avoid anything too scary.
T I A.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »