Talk

Advanced search

Do theatre tickets get discounted nearer the date?

(9 Posts)
Ishouldcocomonkey Tue 12-Dec-17 18:20:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nancy75 Tue 12-Dec-17 18:21:16

What show is it?

Ishouldcocomonkey Tue 12-Dec-17 19:08:40

LIZS Tue 12-Dec-17 19:14:10

Tkts booth have them on the day, advertised day before. Ime the only ones you get seriously discounted are from the box office as day tickets which you queue for in person but not all shows do this. Hamilton has a ballot system. Offers do come through the Official London Theatre website, but availability is pretty limited. Weekend before Christmas seems unlikely.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Tue 12-Dec-17 19:15:21

Yep it will make a massive difference.

Lion king or Matilda for example don't need to discount tickets in reality because people will pay to see them.

Les mis, Phantom may well do day tickets and half price tickets at the booths in Leicester Square, again their very very very popular the demand is ultimately very high.

A smaller show then yes the tickets may come down.

But as a suggestion instead of going best seats available pick chose my own seats that way you will get all price bands up.

nancy75 Tue 12-Dec-17 19:34:35

Op, it makes a difference because I get a tonne of emails through every day with discount theatre tickets, but if you’re going to be rude I won’t borher looking!

Ishouldcocomonkey Tue 12-Dec-17 20:22:42

OhforfucksakeFay Tue 12-Dec-17 20:25:20

Well if you say what show it is people on here can tell you from their experience if the price will go down and if your assumption there are a lot of spare tickets is true

BelligerentGardenPixies Tue 12-Dec-17 20:34:37

Actual discounts are hard to come by unless you can claim a concession or the theatre in question does day tickets.

Really, the only way to get a discount is by default. By which I mean that you pay for cheaper seats on an upper level and hope that there hasn't been many sold so they close it and shift you into better seats on a lower level. However, the chances of that happening on a weekend with a popular show is pretty much zero.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »