Talk

Advanced search

Just back from seeing 'To Kill a Mockingbird'

(11 Posts)

the stage production at the kings in edinburgh. starring Duncan Preston (from dinnerladies)who was fantastic!
thoroughly enjoyed it. but the accents were APPALLING!!
It was like watching a production of shakespeare with various English accents. sooo not cool!
Anyone else seen it?

marthamoo Sat 24-Feb-07 00:50:59

Haven't seen it (have seen it on stage but years ago, in Manchester). I'm assuming Duncan Preston is Atticus Finch? <<<sigh>>> Gregory Peck he ain't...but then, who is?

Babyramone Sun 25-Feb-07 00:48:01

Hi I saw this on friday. Thoroughly enjoyed it, it's my all time favourite book on so many levels (even gave my DD Scout as a middle name) However have to agree re accents. I found them off putting. I went with two friends who'd never read the book or seen the film and they thought story was fantastic and now understand DD's middle name. Both keen to read book now

ChipButty Sun 25-Feb-07 07:36:20

Not seen this production but a few years back my DH was approached as we entered the theatre to see if he would mind sitting in on the jury in the trial scenes. V exciting!!

babyramone - you were at the kings too?
One of those times when an MN badge would have been helpful!

grouchyoscar Sun 25-Feb-07 12:50:55

Oh Martha, you're so right...Gregory Peck... <<Grouchy goes all whistful>> No one else could quite be Atticus could they? <<Deep sigh>>

Glad those who saw it enjoyed it.

Babyramone Sun 25-Feb-07 23:58:07

Yes badge would be handy
Totally agree on the Gregory Peck/Atticus thing, he was great. Mind you Atticus Finch is actually my ideal father figure.

Mt DH kept going on about how bad a father atticus was. Actually he's right in a way.
think about it.
atticus has a threat on his life and let his children walk home alone in the dark thruogh the woods! It's a good thing that Boo Radley was keeping an eye out for them!!

Wheelybug Mon 26-Feb-07 08:44:45

oh bum. I soooo wanted to see this and forgot about it but think it may have passed through my area ... will go off and have a look.

Glad you enjoyed it !

Wheelybug Mon 26-Feb-07 08:46:08

yes missed it

Babyramone Mon 26-Feb-07 10:38:13

Have to agree on that Purple but I funnily have a worse real life one. Love him but have no respect for him. Think the Atticus thing is all dowm to that.
Remember walking alone in dark park with my dog when young also will never let my two do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now