Talk

Advanced search

What are you looking forward to in 2017?

(11 Posts)
JemimaMuddledUp Wed 28-Dec-16 16:32:21

One of my resolutions last year was to see a play, exhibition or concert etc every month. I really enjoyed it and tried new things (including opera which I am now a total convert to). I plan to carry on with this resolution into 2017.

I live in the sticks rural Wales so rely heavily on live broadcasts to cinema.

So far I have booked:
RSC live broadcast of The Tempest (January)
Bolshoi Ballet live broadcast of Sleeping Beauty (January)
NT live broadcast of Amadeus (February)
Theatr Cymru live broadcast of Macbeth (February)

I am also considering:
Met Opera live broadcasts of Nabucco and La Traviata
RSC live broadcasts of Julius Caesar, Anthony and Cleopatra and Titus Andronicus
BBC National Orchestra of Wales Spring concert
Theatr Bara Caws - Yfory
NT live broadcast of Twelfth Night

What are you looking forward to? Inspire me with some more ideas!

bruffin Sat 31-Dec-16 14:10:47

I have tickets for Carousel at the ENO with Alfie Boe but Kathryn Jenkins is off that night. DD bought them for me for xmas

and Tango Fire at the Peacock

going to try to do more live broadcasts, but also went to the Globe to see Imogen last year and loved it so hope to do more there. Thankfully live very close to London so easy to get to the West End. We are going to see Half a Sixpence tonight.

JemimaMuddledUp Sat 31-Dec-16 20:54:41

Very jealous that you live close to London. Would love to go to the Globe.

woman12345 Sat 31-Dec-16 21:40:37

BBC free ticket site is good; I've been to several great recordings of 'A Good Read' (Gore Vidal (a long while ago), and Clive James). Loose Ends; all in London, but they have studios all over country.
This year's cultural highlights: Van Morrison in 300 capacity club in London;
King Lear with Glenda Jackson; Royal Academy exhibitions: the expressionists and impressionists; National gallery to see beautiful Rachel Ruysch paintings.
I've never been to one of those live broadcasts, are they good?
Good idea to get booking now, thanks.

Caprianna Mon 02-Jan-17 09:12:04

I am looking forward to lots of good theatre. I live in London and usually go once a month. I am also planning to go to the opera more. The cinema screenings is a good idea as opera is insanely expensive and I usually see the performances of the English touring opera at the Hackney Empire

I also want to see the Hockney exhibition at the Tate.

Boolovessulley Mon 09-Jan-17 01:23:19

I've booked to see kinky boots and throughly modern Millie.

bruffin Mon 09-Jan-17 08:18:10

I love Kinky Boots,its on my list to see again.

dnamummy Fri 13-Jan-17 16:23:44

The tickets I bought (feels like last millennium) for Harry Potter cursed child are actually for March - very excited! In meantime going to cirque at Royal Albert Hall this weekend (RAH cultural even if Cirque not!) I've also got tickets to Stepping out in March which could be good (I like Amanda Holden after seeing her in Thoroughly modern Millie 10 years ago)

Over xmas saw Red Shoes, the new Matthew Bourne ballet which is touring later this year and can thoroughly recommend

Bea Mon 16-Jan-17 00:13:08

Hamilton!!!

NotThrowAwayMyShot Mon 16-Jan-17 00:21:39

I'm hoping for Hamilton.

Also got my to try & get to see American in Paris

bruffin Mon 16-Jan-17 14:02:11

Got my tickets for Hamilton on 4th December grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now