A chorus line

(10 Posts)
bearofnothingness Sat 20-Aug-16 21:40:49

Just bought this on dvd and love it so much! reading online says they film does not live up at all to the stage version.

Any thoughts?

One singular sensation....

Crispsheets Sat 20-Aug-16 21:42:14

I've seen both...im not a huge fan as I think it's really dated. But some great songs.

bearofnothingness Sat 20-Aug-16 21:44:01

oh sad* am a bit behind the times

motherducker Sat 20-Aug-16 21:47:57

Oh I love chorus line! Yes of course the film is a bit dated (those flashback scenes with Michael Douglas- wowsers), but it's still great and I don't think the songs are dated.

I saw it when it was in the west end last..maybe 4 years ago?? It was incredible, very stark and a completely different piece to the film but still great, and quite moving.

motherducker Sat 20-Aug-16 21:49:19

There's a great documentary about the Broadway revival of the show called "every little step", it was on Netflix at one point but not sure if it's on there now.

SnotGoblin Sat 20-Aug-16 21:50:35

Absolutely love it. I think the film stands up really well. Was lucky enough to see the stage version in London almost 4 years ago now.

GinIsIn Sat 20-Aug-16 21:54:41

I saw the stage version at the London revival a few years ago too. Agree that the stage version is definitely better but either way it's just not my favourite. Some of the songs are great though!

Crispsheets Sat 20-Aug-16 21:56:28

It was the guy from EastEnders in the Palladium version.
At the ballet I love. Makes me cry.

Looking forward to Rent at Xmas

CotswoldStrife Sat 20-Aug-16 22:12:20

Left the theatre and called the doctor for my appointment to buy ....

Love the film, never seen the stage show and would like to. May have to look the DVD up myself now. I can do that, that I can do!

Boolovessulley Fri 14-Oct-16 21:16:39

I saw it at the Palladium as well. I loved it. I think it is definitely a marmite show, you either love it or hate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now