Talk

Advanced search

Of Mice and Men

(12 Posts)
Morgan Thu 19-Nov-15 23:16:45

Did anyone else see it live tonight ? Thought it was excellent , powerful performances and the lovely James Franco .

LilaTheTiger Thu 19-Nov-15 23:18:57

Yes, it was stunning!
Took the teen and she cried a lot.
Both main actors really were fabulous. A day the supporting cast. It's a great thing the NT does.

Morgan Thu 19-Nov-15 23:22:41

It is - I go to lots of them - particularly great as I live on Gueensey and otherwise would never see proper theatre . My teenage DS went too (with school so ignoring me !) and loved it as well .
Chris O'Dowd was brilliant - seeing another side to him.

LilaTheTiger Thu 19-Nov-15 23:36:12

Did you see Curious Incident? That was ace too.
We live in the middle of nowhere, it's super to get the theatre!

Going to take 11yo DD to Jane Eyre I think.

GinBunny Thu 19-Nov-15 23:44:56

I'm so glad to see this thread, I saw it tonight too. Brilliant performances by all the supporting cast as well. Chris O'Dowd was just amazing. I couldn't speak at the end of it because I couldn't trust my voice even though I knew how it ended, his face at the end... he was just perfect as Lenny.
I love NTLive. I'm agoraphobic so can't get to see the shows in town, this is such a wonderful chance for me as well as for people who live further afield obvs. I've seen War Horse, Curious Incident, The Cruicible, Skylight and all of them have blown me away. Booking tickets for Les Liaisons Dangereuses in January.

Morgan Thu 19-Nov-15 23:45:19

Didn't see that .

Saw Hamlet the other week and Much Ado and the other one which were fab . Also loved La Boheme - hadn't seen opera before and it was fab .
Going to The Nutcracker with DD and then Jane Eyre , which sounds interesting , heard about it on Radio 4 . Also booked for Les Liasions Dangereuses in Jan .

Morgan Thu 19-Nov-15 23:48:08

Cross posts Gin Bunny . Looking forward to Les Liaisions Dangereuses . Think I might go to a Winter's Tale next week on my own as my usual companions can't go.

AssembleTheMinions Thu 19-Nov-15 23:48:37

It was incredible. I really enjoyed it, the cast was superb. There may have been tears at the end...

It was really annoying me where I had seen Candy before, a quick google brought up Bishop Brennan from Father Ted. grin

I was ridiculously happy to see the old dog on stage for the encore as well.

Morgan Thu 19-Nov-15 23:49:43

we were discussing that in the interval - was meaning to google him !

notapizzaeater Thu 19-Nov-15 23:56:33

Was fantastic, even though I knew what was going to happen I jumped. Really really enjoyed it, loved Lennie and how he used his hands all,the time.

AgentProvocateur Fri 20-Nov-15 00:06:26

Yes, I saw it tonight. I thought it was amazing. I thought I'd read the book for Higher English 30 years ago, and that my memory was poor when the story was unfamiliar tonight. But it turns out I read The Pearl, which was a great book.

Morgan Fri 20-Nov-15 17:18:10

Booked today for A Winters Tale next week . Need to swat up on that one wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now