Talk

Advanced search

Christmas matenee peter pan

(10 Posts)
SaucyMare Sun 23-Nov-14 22:13:30

We are taking our 3 year old and 8 to see the ballet this christmas, i am afraid my daughter will be on her chair dancing.

Will a little mis behaving be acceptable at a chrsitmas matenee?

SaucyMare Sun 23-Nov-14 22:18:59

Just gone and checked and it is matinee, knew it looked wrong, so please don't jump on my spelling.

AuntieStella Sun 23-Nov-14 22:24:29

Yes, if there is no prospect that she can sit for the performance, then she should not be in a seated audience. If it's a ballet school show, then there may well be a part of the hall at the back where she can run around without impeding the view of the proud relatives of the performers.

If it's a professional performance, it might be worth trying to resell her ticket (or take a friend of the 8yo) and try again en famille another year when she is ready.

Standing on chairs is too much even for a children's performance.
And definitely a no-no for a regular matinee.

SaucyMare Sun 23-Nov-14 22:34:42

She can sit still for films, i am hoping she will be to entranced to move, but there is a chance her reaction will be to join in with the dancers.

It i ballett north at the leeds grand. So let the negotians start on who is to leave if she palys up smile

Unexpected Mon 24-Nov-14 22:49:48

If you seriously think that she will stand on her chair or try to dance through the performance (I presume that means she is hardly going to be particularly quiet either) then please, for the sake of the rest of the audience, don't take her. Peter Pan is a popular family title but it is still a professional ballet and all the people around you who have paid £20 or £30 for their seats will be less than enchanted by her antics.

EyeoftheStorm Mon 24-Nov-14 22:53:09

I'm going to the same matinee with my 8 year old DD. It's our special Christmas present.

Much as I love a cheeky 3 year old, I wouldn't want her dancing on the chair in front of me.

SaucyMare Mon 24-Nov-14 23:54:52

I don't seriously expect it, it is a worst case scenario, i am preparing for.

SaucyMare Mon 24-Nov-14 23:58:00

And i needed to know what actions i needed to prepare, and the answer is i need to be prepared for leaving.

SaucyMare Sun 21-Dec-14 20:53:40

UPDATE

All my plans were for nothing, she sat silently entranced the whole performance, and danced around the Victoria center doing lovely ballet moves through the lghts tour afterwards.

Today she told everyone about the crocodile, and she didn't like the pirates.

AuntieStella Sun 21-Dec-14 20:56:19

That's lovely!

I'm so glad it worked out well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now