Talk

Advanced search

Avoid We Will Rock You at all costs!!!!!!!!!

(18 Posts)
whatsthestoryinbalamorytoday Sat 25-Mar-06 00:04:55

Awful musical!!!

Waste of money-only thing we enjoyed was watching this nutcase sitting next to us going absolutely mental and screaming, clapping out of time and actually crying!!!!!

essbee Sat 25-Mar-06 00:07:14

Message withdrawn

whatsthestoryinbalamorytoday Sat 25-Mar-06 00:10:58

Maybe the difference is in the cast, although I doubt it.

Crap aimless storyline, loud music to compensate for it....If I wanted to see a Queen tribute I would have gone to the pub karoke night!!!

Billy Elliot-now that's what I call a FANTASTIC musical!!!

essbee Sat 25-Mar-06 00:12:45

Message withdrawn

whatsthestoryinbalamorytoday Sat 25-Mar-06 00:15:46

the music and the way they incorporated the songs was great, but that was all it was!!!!

Lots of loud music and flashing lights in the hope that no-one would notice that the musical as a whole was CRAP !!!

essbee Sat 25-Mar-06 00:22:22

Message withdrawn

Skribble Sat 20-May-06 00:18:37

I went to an abba one like that it was shocking, the tribute band were OK but after a song it would cut to video of the actual band talking rubbish, I too had a loony jumping about next to me, shame she was with our group .

suzywong Sat 20-May-06 00:21:00

You don't say?????

Skribble Sat 20-May-06 01:26:09

This thread has went wonky I thought it was a recent one %*#"$

sharklet Mon 29-May-06 16:04:58

i always suspected it was a bad musical when my psycho ex flatmate started raving about it!

moondog Mon 29-May-06 16:07:36

Balamory,what the effing hell were you doing there at all??
(Please see my recent thread devoted to deconstruction of crappy musicals in which a collection of naff tunes is loosely hung together to create a highly dubious story line by
jaded old entertainers.)

nailpolish Mon 29-May-06 16:21:46

i hate ALL musicals

walked out of Les Mis and went to the pub next door with one friend while other 2 friends stayed behind til the end

NEVER AGAIN

i do like film musicals, like seven brides or that christmas one with whats-his-name but at the theatre its all so different

<awaits lashing>

lahdeedah Mon 29-May-06 16:53:30

god they're all awful

In a recent issue of Time Out there is a list of things that make Londoners laugh about London - including "The fact that people actually pay to watch West End musicals". so true, so true...

nailpolish Mon 29-May-06 16:56:38

im so glad someone agrees with me

NotQuiteCockney Mon 29-May-06 16:57:40

I'm not a big fan of stage musicals. But DS1 does love the "we will we will whack you statue", as he calls it.

crunchie Mon 29-May-06 17:10:00

I love musicals, that's why it would never occur to me to see We will rock you et al. They are NOT musicals by any strech of the imagination. As Moondog said it is an excuse for a bad night out.

However if you want a REALLY GOOD musical,try to see Sunday in teh Park with George at teh Wyndhams (limited run, Sondheim doing great stuff)

crunchie Mon 29-May-06 17:14:57

But bear in mind I am married to an actor who also adores musicals, in fact he should be gay, he loves musicals, hates football

I have seen some amazing shows in my life, my parents started taking me when I was a kid. I saw Cats when Elaine Paige was in it, Evita with David Essex! I have seen Les Mis, and know almost every word to every song! My kids can sing songs from RENT (good songs, crap production) Guys & Dolls with Ewan McGregor was great, but not becasue of him and I preferred the version I saw years ago! Chicago is far better on stage than on film, even with Claire Sweeney in it (when I saw it!)

Good Musicals will have you laughing and crying far better than the films will, the raw emotion is there in the room. But like I say I love live Theatre, especially musicals I even listen to musicals in the car!

sallystrawberry Mon 29-May-06 17:24:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: