Talk

Advanced search

David Tennant and Catherine Tate to be in Much Ado About Nothing together

(18 Posts)
JackieNo Sat 08-Jan-11 16:48:25

This spring/summer - the interaction between them could work well, but I wonder whether her acting skills are up to it - haven't seen her in enough stuff to know, really.

LIZS Sat 08-Jan-11 18:11:33

She's currently acting in the West End to good reviews. Tried to get onto website to book earlier but it was down and phone engaged continuously hmm Seems lieka good opportunity to introduce the dc to Shakespeare.

JackieNo Sat 08-Jan-11 20:26:16

Yes, DH managed to get through (eventually) and we've got tickets for a matinee. Just not sure whether to take DS, who's 7. Will try him on the Kenneth Branagh version on dvd and see what he reckons, I think.

LIZS Sat 08-Jan-11 22:01:01

yeah , managed to book online for a July matinee. grin No sign of any £16 tickets though hmm

JackieNo Sat 08-Jan-11 22:39:11

Hmm - I think we've got the £26 ones, so will have to take binoculars!

CloudsAway Sun 09-Jan-11 09:32:00

which website let you book online? The one I looked at only seemed to have the number for phone bookings. Or was an intermediary ticket company.

LIZS Sun 09-Jan-11 11:59:18

here. We're front at the top - still £41 though shock

JackieNo Sun 09-Jan-11 14:45:57

The prices are quite scary, aren't they shock, particularly if there are 4 of you.

SleepingLion Sun 09-Jan-11 14:48:31

We have tickets - just took a deep breath and went for scary price ones - but not taking DS. He gets to see The Wizard of Oz with us in June - that's quite enough culchah for one summer grin

No, Much Ado is for me and DH to have a night out together without DS.

<goes off to start a new thread asking for reminders of what one talks to one's husband about when child(ren) not there...>

crazyspaniel Mon 10-Jan-11 21:08:31

The prices are crazy! Have just booked tickets for nearly the entire forthcoming season at the RSC for the price of one seat in the stalls at the Wyndham!

LIZS Sat 22-Jan-11 17:29:37

anyone received their tickets yet ?

teej Sat 21-May-11 18:34:36

A word of warning - I thought they would tone down some of the content because they knew this would attract a family audience with David and Catherine. The reverse is true!!! It was brilliant but really not what I expected - and I know the play - but I would maybe caution against taking younger children. Fab for teens/ adults, though - highly recommended.

LIZS Wed 01-Jun-11 13:06:21

Did anyone see the picture in yesterday's paper - DT in uniform [swoon]

Snapespeare Thu 02-Jun-11 19:41:51

My 15 year old DD and I went yesterday ,for press night. we queued for daily lottery tickets at 10AM (i got a ticket row M - for £10 bargain!) DD got a stalls standing ticket for £16 and we swapped over at the interval.

i thought it was a lovely, warm production - very very funny ( i won't do...'spoilers'..) it is a little raunchy, the direction is inspired, the music is very very good and I was in stitches for a good proportion of it - it is a comedy! Dogberry was lovely, Claudio handsome, John the bastard spiteful and camp. tennant was... very good, he has beautiful comedic timing. tate - not so good on anything not mugging and over-playing. I didn't like her being cast in DW at all, but I cried buckets when Donna had 'doctor-donna' sucked out. her perforance as beatrice didn't give me as much as that. i didn't like hero. i thought her slightly amateur. (sorry!)

i would throughly reccoend it though. i can now say i have been in a room with david tennant ( I agree about the naval costume!) and Peter Davidson (who was in the audience..) and when i get doctor who *and shakespeare all mixed up, I am a happy bunny indeed!

Snapespeare Thu 02-Jun-11 19:50:31

(weird bolding.. apologies..)

LIZS Fri 03-Jun-11 08:34:02

ooh bargain . How raunchy is a little .. taking 9yr old & 13yr old !

Snapespeare Fri 03-Jun-11 18:27:01

hmm. male and female strippers (not full frontal - actress wears basque and shorts, gent strips to a thong...) and up against a wall shagging (fully clothed) for approx 30 seconds,so depends on your 13 & 9 year old.. my 13 year old DS1 would have no problem, my 11 year old DS2 is quite proper and would blush at either scene.

PamASmith Fri 10-Jun-11 22:23:11

Is this the only adult scene or are there more references/bad language? If its only 30 seconds I could cover my son's eyes!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now