Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Motorboat on the Shannon - anyone done this with Active and Afloat/Le Boat?

(5 Posts)
Jaamy Wed 11-Feb-09 15:03:25

Hi wasn't sure where to post this, well, it's hardly cruising, so apologies if you've seen this twice.

We are thinking of taking DDs 5 and 3 on a motorboat on the Shannon for a week in July. DH is boat mad but am wondering whether it will be suitable and, more importantly, safe for the DDs.

Anyone any experience of this and/or Active and Afloat/ Le Boat?

Thanks

SalmonintheLiffey Wed 11-Feb-09 15:06:51

i know people who've done it. I would like to one day. tbh, i wouldn't do it with such young children but I'm a worrywort and my son is a headless chicken. he's 3 too.

renaldo Wed 11-Feb-09 15:28:50

We have done it with 7 and 9 year olds and I was a bit tense... It is a great family holiday but we enjoyed our week in a cottage in southwest ireland much more
I think yours are a bit young
if you are going to do it get a boat larger than you think you need - we got a 7 berth for 5 of us which was just about big enough

Jaamy Wed 11-Feb-09 15:33:41

Thanks renaldo and salmon. I guess deep down I know DDs are too young but when I asked the lady at Le Boat she said they'd be fine...

We've also been looking at a cottage on the Dingle Peninsula (Kerry).

SalmonintheLiffey Wed 11-Feb-09 16:34:57

I'd go with the cottage on dingle this year! Cruising will be easier when you can delegate tasks to your children grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now