Talk

Advanced search

Cruising from England

(9 Posts)
babysbreath Thu 07-Aug-08 16:11:24

I would like to go on a cruise with my husband and daughter. I've been on one before, but we had to fly out from Gatwick to board the ship.

So, as we now have a little girl who is 14 months, I would like to sail from England, say Southampton etc. As I don't fancy flying with a little one!

Can anyone help on which cruise liners we can board from England.

Thanks

Bunch Thu 07-Aug-08 16:14:26

P&O are fab! Sail from Southampton and children are mainly free with parents if you look closely!! We're going next year and only paying for me and DH, DS and DD are completely free!!

nannyL Sun 10-Aug-08 22:16:43

I have been on P&O from southampron twice

its great (i dont live far from southampton)

have done norway with arctic and baltic from there

P&O have excellent child facilities aboard!

(i would recommend getting there as early as possible and even a bit earlier if possible as the queues do get quite long and once aboard you can enjoy the boat and all the facilities it offers.

I highly recommend going STRAIGHT to the restaurant for afternoon tea and scones and cakes. (make sure you go to the dinner one and not the buffet cause then you get served with a full selection of tea and have real fresh cream grin)

OR keep your swimming costume in your hand luggage and go in the hot tub all by yourself wink

EyeballsintheSky Sun 10-Aug-08 22:20:00

Been on the QM2 with a 5yo and a 20mo and was brilliant. Definitely head for the food first. Save exploring for later!

babysbreath Wed 13-Aug-08 16:08:13

Oh wow, thank you for your responses. I'm going to check out the website now!

LIZS Wed 13-Aug-08 16:08:52

Cunard do

motheroftwoboys Thu 14-Aug-08 14:13:05

Royal Caribbean, who have really family friendly ships, also have some sailings from the UK. Have done P and O and RC with children and teens. Both EXCELLENT!! Love cruising. Am jealous envy

forevermore Thu 14-Aug-08 15:06:14

royal carribean are great. went when dd was 15 weeksshock and no probs, then again when she was 2 and going again at christmas combined with disneyworld beforehand (dd will be 3.5). never been from southampton just the caribbean itineray from florida. long haul no problem when you know total relaxation at other end and no need to think of anything other than keeping the extra pounds to a minimumwink

meandmyjoe Wed 20-Aug-08 10:53:49

Princess Cruises which I think are a sister company of p&o are fab. They do a cruise called the mediterranian medley and a similar one called the mediterranian adventure. Both leave from South Hampton. We went in 2006 for our honeymoon, it was before ds but lots of other people had babies and kids. The staff are lovely, the excursions are brilliant and the food is amazing. I still dream about the food now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now