Talk

Advanced search

First Caribbean Cruise

(5 Posts)
loopyloo87 Tue 06-Sep-16 16:02:13

Hi, we are planning on a Caribbean Cruise next year when our child will be 11... We've never been on one before and would appreciate some advice please
When is the best time to go
which liner would you recommend for families
Is it safe on the islands when you disembark ?
Thankyou

Madbengalmum Sun 11-Sep-16 11:17:03

Best time for caribean is jan to apr weather wise.
Cruise companies generally wont take you anywhere at risk.
Depends on your budget and length of cruise as to which line.

budgiegirl Mon 12-Sep-16 23:28:19

We found that Easter was a great time to go, lots of kids of course, but we were on a big ship, so everyone was fairly spread out, and there were lots of activities for the children.

We sailed out of Miami to the Caribbean, and the weather was absolutely perfect.

I've only been on Norwegian with the family, but I would recommend them, we had a wonderful time. But I would think that any of the bigger ships that have slides, mini golf, sports courts etc would suit families.

We found the islands to be perfectly safe, just stick to the main tourist areas and take the usual precautions with your valuables etc.

FitnessFad Mon 12-Sep-16 23:38:57

Disney cruise! They sail from/to some fabulous locations, and lots to do onboard for both adults and children. They have a 'tween' kids club too which is highly recommended.

MrsPatrickDempsey Sun 02-Oct-16 22:52:13

We did a Caribbean cruise this Easter sailing from New York. It was fab. We sailed with Royal Caribbean who are fairly informal and very family friendly. There is loads for children to do. My only advice would be to research your destinations beforehand and have an idea of what you want to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now