Talk

Advanced search

Help finding ship with best facilities for 3.5yo adventurer.

(6 Posts)
AbbyCadabby Thu 06-Feb-14 14:34:54

Hi,

Am considering a cruise early summer (possibly end of April).
Would like one aimed at DS, as DH and I will be happy just to be away.
DS will be three and a half-ish.

I have seen some have amazing water slides etc, so this would be a key wish for us.
Also seen one with dodgems! He loves driving, so either this, or if there is one with go-karts or little cars, that would be great.
I'd like one that has a really good softplay area.

What else should I be looking for? What are the top features various ships offer for this age?

We are not interested in leaving him at some kids' club, so that's of zero interest to us.

Would like to go somewhere like the Caribbean so the stop-offs are nice sandy beaches, with warms sea for toddler splashing.

Any top sites to recommend where I can actually compare ships side by side? I have been trawling through cruise sites for a while, but they are vast and the research is taking ages. I'd like to see at an easy glance which ships offer what!

Any other tips welcome! Thanks.

jolufc Fri 21-Feb-14 19:00:13

Disney cruise. ... Amazing holiday with great kids club.

frankblackswife Fri 21-Feb-14 19:08:58

I second Disney Cruise line - the kids club (Oceaneers Club for 3 years +) is amazing and if you go on one of the newer ships they have a water coaster. All of the ships in the fleet (4) have water slides.
It's pricey but worth every penny IMO.

Creamycoolerwithcream Sat 22-Feb-14 19:55:27

I third Disney cruises, amazing for any age.

AbbyCadabby Sat 01-Mar-14 22:38:51

Great, thank you all.

number1daddy Thu 20-Nov-14 22:48:34

end of March next year lots if cruises from Caribbean to the med. I'm booked on a Costa cruise with my five year old and can't wait. mix of amazing kids club and ports of call. my son lives to get off at all the ports

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now