Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for Multi-Generational Cruising

(7 Posts)
Bythebeach Fri 10-Jan-14 10:30:55

Looking for something to suit my 70+ year old parents plus kids aged 9, 6 and 1. Don't think the grandparents would appreciate a Disney cruise or anything too busy...they like their Cunard cruise!... but my 9 year old and 6 year old are very active. Ideally need enough activities for them with eg tennis, table-tennis, air-hockey, climbing wall and pool and hopefully watersports in port but need plush library/spa/fine dining for my folks!!!

Any ideas? And many thanks in advance!

Bythebeach Fri 10-Jan-14 13:55:28

Bumpity bump.

LadyMuck Mon 20-Jan-14 20:12:06

We did royal carribean which suited my parents well. Did a European cruise with a couple of guided tours specifically created for us (ie guide with a people carrier). Kids facilities are excellent, and main dining etc posh enough for the oldies. Kids did a mix of eat with us or at club.

tiredgranny Tue 04-Mar-14 04:39:55

p&o azura caters for all ages . lots going on all age groups . also done r/c would not recommend if parents used to cunard .

GwendolineMaryLacey Tue 04-Mar-14 07:02:08

We always do Cunard in a group of 11 ranging from my mother who is 68 down to dd2 who was 18m on last trip. In between there were 11, 8 and 2 5yos. They all adore it, we've been many times.

Obviously there might be a cruise line out there that suits you better but if your parents do want to stick with Cunard the kids will have a great time.

WholeNutt Wed 12-Mar-14 11:26:43

Take a look on cruise critic, P&O cater for all generations and most ships have a kids club.

awaynboilyurheid Tue 01-Apr-14 20:02:04

Have done quite a few multi generational cruises with most of the big lines,they are all great holidays with lots to offer different ages RCI have lots for children ice skating climbing walls, parades, clubs etc but might be a bit lively for your parents mines loved it,it is an American company so has a more American feel to it, Celebrity are good and had the nicest cabins we have tried so far, NCL again v good but might be wee bit lively for your parents they have a cheesy sexy legs competition on deck and pool music can be loud, more European feel to it with lots of Spanish Italians on board. I would check out cruise critic but if your parents are happy with Cunard it might be better to stick with them and go for more lively cruise another time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now