Talk

Advanced search

Domestic violence

(4 Posts)
Lozxx Sat 24-Feb-18 15:42:50

I need advice ASAP... 6 weeks ago me & my partner had a row. He got physical, pulled my hair, pushed me and pulled me around. I had bruises, I called the police. At first I wanted to prosecute and then I changed my mind and withdrew. I have mental health issues & he's supported me so much. I can get aggressive due to my issues. He's not an evil man, I just pushed him to far. We are still waiting to hear from the CPS, I'm so scared he is going to get charged.. what is the likelihood this will happen? sad he's been on bail and not allowed to see me since. I miss him so much.

sheddooropen Fri 20-Apr-18 18:07:35

Honestly it depends on the evidence without seeing the case it's difficult to speculate. All i can advise is for you to stay away from this person, mental health issues is no excuse for someone to hurt you and give you bruises. I know its difficult when you love someone to leave them but trust me it will only get worse. Find someone to talk to either family or friends and they will say the same thing, please leave this person. This is what they do, they pretend to be nice and then they will do something like this and not do it for a while and then it will get worse. I know you love him but you will find someone a lot better!

2infinity Wed 13-Jun-18 23:49:26

If you choose not to prosecute its unlikely, however, the police can present it to the PF on your behalf if they feel evidence is strong enough. Please listen to sheddooropen. I know it's not what you want to hear right now and I know you want to justify his actions but violence is never ok. For you even to believe this is your fault suggests to me he's already manipulated your way of thinking! I've been there! And hindsight is a wonderful thing. I totally understand your way of thinking now but you deserve better. This is not normal. There is a way out and it gets better. There is someone so much kinder for you.

TuTru Thu 14-Jun-18 00:00:48

He shouldn’t have done that stuff. You know that. You would be better off without this person as it will always happen again xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: