Vanquis

(2 Posts)
ElephantsFoot Tue 24-Mar-20 12:30:44

I pretty much live month to month and put any extra on a credit card. Im a single parent, running a household on my own on just above minimum wage.

My credit card is due on the 27th and work advised us due to cash flow issues around Covid, we will be paid later than normal (all work force accepted so they can do this) and we will have to take a 20% pay cut. The pay cut is temporary and will be repaid to us.

I've just called Vanquis, they won't budge on waiving the late payment fee and are saying it'll be a late payment on my record. I'm trying hard to rebuild my credit history so I can buy a house for my family eventually!

Surely they should be a little more flexible giving the circumstances ?! I've never ever missed a payment before and it's always paid in full sad

OP’s posts: |
anxiouswaiting Tue 14-Apr-20 11:11:16

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/03/uk-coronavirus-help-and-your-rights/#loanhelp

There is a bit about credit cards amd the support they should be offering.

Looks to me that they have to offer you a 3 month payment holiday as long as you aren't in a situation where your finances aren't expected to recover, but if you just have payment delay they would be unreasonable to say you can't have a break.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in