Talk

Advanced search

Ideas needed please

(7 Posts)
Shitfuckoh Fri 14-Jun-19 18:14:38

Bit of a mixed post this 1 so please hang on in there!

I'm in need of ideas for quite a few things.

Cheap but healthy family meals - I have 3 children, 1 will eat anything, 1 has autism and is quite 'food adverse' meaning he won't try new things, has a limited diet etc & the other 1 has a milk / dairy allergy!

Ideas on where I can purchase/source cookware, kitchen utensils. Ex moved out a few months ago & I'm still discovering things he's taken with him - potato masher, peeler etc etc. Things he would never use but that I used more often!

Becoming a single parent on benefits isn't easy, especially with an ex who has made things more difficult than need be but it's time I got things in order.

Managed to sort out a few things the children urgently needed which has left me with a tight budget this month. It's doable, but only with a bit of help from you lovely people in regards to meal planning / ideas / cheap recipes. I'm really a no cook so easy recipes needed please!

OP’s posts: |
00100001 Fri 14-Jun-19 18:22:11

Well,it would help if you told us what the fussy eater eats.
Also what you're spending your money on and how. Ie brief shopping list, summary of bills going out.
Charity shops are your friend. Including for utensils

pineapplebryanbrown Fri 21-Jun-19 00:37:49

Have you applied for a budgeting loan from the social to buy some essentials? Look on turn to us to see if you can get a grant of any kind. Most councils have a local assistance scheme to help with household basics. Also, as you have a disabled child try Family Fund for some money - or a holiday!

chansondematin Fri 21-Jun-19 07:56:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Turquoisetamborine Fri 21-Jun-19 08:01:09

I bought loads of cheap peelers which were rubbish til I bought one in Lakeland which was only about £3. So spend a bit more on stuff like that. Ditto the masher. The plastic ones are crap. I’ve had the metal one for years.

ZorbeeAndTheLemur Sat 29-Jun-19 22:25:17

I find Ikea kitchenware is both cheap and good quality. Our saucepans were from there and we've had them years, and we also have a pizza cutter/wheel from there that only cost a pound or two and is brilliant!

ZorbeeAndTheLemur Sat 29-Jun-19 22:26:15

Argh, I pressed 'post' too soon!

I meant to add that I've also had some decent bits and bobs of kitchenware from Poundland in the past, and Home Bargains is also good for some things.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in