Talk

Advanced search

Get the latest deals and discounts with our weekly money saving email

Thanks! You're now subscribed to Mumsnet Moneysaver

Please enter a valid email address

Debt free in 12 months

(3 Posts)
Beachcountrysidetown Wed 06-Feb-19 10:25:34

Right, I have worked it out that I can realistically, with some hard work, be debt free by Feb 2020. I have a small overdraft, credit card and an online shopping account.
It will be tight, but it is so realistic if I STOP buying clothes etc. I know that I can do so much for free, bike rides, walks, picnics etc but I need to stick to it. I hate this debt and I can fix it. I just need to be firm with myself.

nannynick Thu 07-Feb-19 06:19:39

That is fantastic. Have a plan and stick to it. Make sure you build a small emergency fund first so if anything unexpected happens you do not turn to debt.

Floralhousecoat Thu 07-Feb-19 21:38:55

Op it's great you're taking control of your finances and your life like this. It might be a good idea to update this thread with your progress and use it as a journal. Let us know how you're getting on and we will do our best to cheer you on. Others who are in the same boat will join you along the way I'm sure.

Something else that could also help might be to start an online blog where you talk about your progress, tips that worked for you, no spend weeks you set yourself as challenges, free activities you enjoyed during your year to do financial freedom etc. If you're into that sort of things of course.

Good luck. YOU CAN DO IT.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: