Talk

Advanced search

BT price hike: who do you have for broadband?

(6 Posts)
littlepill Sun 15-Jul-18 10:43:54

Had the heads up to contact BT as they are introducing new prices.

I need a reliable broadband supplier. Barely use land line but would like to keep number if poss.

Who do you use? How much? Any good?

OP’s posts: |
Iamnotanugget Sun 15-Jul-18 14:02:53

We're with Sky, it's something like £21.50 a month but used similar deal to this one www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband/ making it under £12. Depends how much faff you want, joining them was easy but I'll be leaving after 12 moths to do a similar deal with Sky etc. We were with TalkTalk, we didn't have reliable connection for 3 weeks, customer service was poor. They apologised and gave us £5, yes just £5, as a refund for the time we didn't have service. No compensation for it or for the inconvenience of having to wait for someone to come and look at it on 2 separate days.

littlepill Sun 15-Jul-18 18:06:52

V helpful, Nugget, thank you for sharing this. We tried to move to TT once, also, and had dreadful problems. Not good when relying on internet for work! Will consider Sky....

OP’s posts: |
ColdFeetAndHotCakes Sun 15-Jul-18 18:11:56

Sky are very good on their first 12 months deal. Whenever I've moved house they've always refunded me for the amount of days I was without an internet connection, and when I moved to a house where the BT line had been cut they paid BT for a new line and arranged all the visits with engineers as fast as possible at no cost to myself. Their customer service is fab. If you can't tell I sucked it up and now pay for their cheapest normal package rather than seek a new deal elsewhere because they've been so amazing whenever I've had a problem.

AdultHumanFemale Sun 15-Jul-18 18:13:38

We changed to Plusnet from BT after Christmas, service has continued just as before, no hiccoughs, and approximately half the price; we pay £23.99 per month now and are very pleased.

specialsubject Mon 16-Jul-18 14:31:07

plusnet here too - they are part of BT which tells you how insane the system is. Managed to keep the bill down for two years. was with sky but router was faulty and so is their card in our exchange - they would not believe us but all the faults vanished the day we switched.

search for a deal . I pay £25 for unlimited calls inc to mobiles, caller id, line rental and broadband.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in