Talk

Advanced search

Trying to clear card

(5 Posts)
poppy1973 Wed 07-Feb-18 12:40:27

Ok, really trying hard to not spend for the rest of the month on the credit card. Was looking really good, until I needed to order oil for the heating yesterday. Bumped it back up again. Don't know how I can get this down ??? Taking work whenever I can, have one job where I get paid weekly, only get a few hours a week doing this. Have two other jobs that pay monthly - again not huge hours. Work in hospitality now and this is such a bad time for businesses. Really trying hard this month to keep it down on card, as the idea was to pay the total off at the end of February when dh gets paid. This won't work now, as we will pay yet again more interest fees. Any ideas and advice would be appreciated ???

AdoraBell Wed 07-Feb-18 15:07:00

Can you get through the rest of this month without using the card again?

Do you have anything you could sell to pay more off the card?

specialsubject Thu 08-Feb-18 13:32:38

the oil order would not have been unexpected.

can you go to a zero interest balance transfer?

meanwhile it is, I'm afraid, a matter of serious cutbacks. Sounds like you are really on the edge. Have you done a budget and looked at every spend?

ivykaty44 Fri 09-Feb-18 12:52:46

www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/tools/budget-planner

I’d use this as it’s a great budget calculator for money coming in monthly and weekly and money going out in different ways

When you get the the end you can download the excell sheets which give you a monthly amount for everything

Thus your oil purchase would show up as a monthly payment you need to set aside

1stMrsF Fri 09-Feb-18 22:14:11

This is me. My cc kept creeping up as I paid off a bit and the spent some more and then suddenly I owed £10k. I've put the whole lot on a 0% balance transfer and set up a direct debit to pay it off over the interest free period, but I'm still struggling with not spending any money on credit card. One thing that is helping me is using the Yolt app to track spending and I think the other thing that's vital is planning - if you do have essential spend like fuel you have to prioritise it above non essential spend but to make that decision you have to know what's coming up. It's boring but necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now