Talk

Advanced search

Cash back sites

(36 Posts)
getrunningirl Mon 29-Jan-18 08:55:36

Noticed in a Good Housekeeping mag (does that show my age!) that it said everyone uses cashback sites. I thought - really? I don't do you? Is it all good and am I missing out big time? Best ones?

specialsubject Mon 29-Jan-18 17:56:35

Only work if you are a huge spender on all the stuff I don't buy - clothes, magazines, cinema tickets, spa breaks etc.

Raver84 Mon 29-Jan-18 18:27:52

I signed up in jan and have just been buying what I'd normally buy online but through cashback. I've booked a trip to Chessington, a car seat in Halfords, switched credit card, bought a birthday present from asda and have earned £30. I'm actually gutted I've only just started this as I've missed out years of not doing it!

getrunningirl Mon 29-Jan-18 21:35:37

wow - I am going to give this ago!

thefutureisours Mon 29-Jan-18 21:39:07

Been using quidco for years. Dp thought it was a big con but he's seriously changed his rune since he's had over £400 back. We use it when we change electric and gas suppliers, insurance, broadband and buy things like home appliances. We've also had money back from weekends away and holidays.

Lenny1987 Mon 29-Jan-18 21:40:13

I have done it for a couple of years now whenever I remember. I have had hundreds back so far and spent no more than I would have.

thefutureisours Mon 29-Jan-18 21:42:09

You also often get money back for referring friends once they have earned a certain amount of cashback.

RaeCJ82 Mon 29-Jan-18 21:55:40

I've had Quidco for years now. I've earned £1180 of cash back!

Toomanycats99 Mon 29-Jan-18 22:04:47

As an introductory offer with top cash back I got £20 cash back for spending £15 in Asda!

Quid co was great over Xmas. They did about 7/8 sets of get £2.50 cash back for spending £5. I just stocked up the present drawer for parties with £5 presents!

TheBadgersMadeMeDoIt Tue 30-Jan-18 03:29:17

I use Quidco & KidStart. If one doesn't offer cash back at a particular retailer the other usually does. KidStart is the only one I've found that gives cashback on Amazon.

lazydog Tue 30-Jan-18 04:28:22

Ebates is a really good one if anyone is reading this thread from N.America. I'm going to be getting a ~$150 payout on 15th Feb for 3 months worth of shopping... That's just from online Christmas gift shopping I'd have done anyway, all our regular Amazon purchases of household items, and a couple of single night hotel stays.

An additional $175 is going to be paid to my DS then, too, as he bought a ridiculously expensive Alienware PC when Dell were offering 10% cashback via ebates, which further sweetened the "$800-off" Black Friday deal on the particular PC he wanted.

sashh Tue 30-Jan-18 05:37:08

I've been with top cash back for a few years, I put everything through it even just eat.

OP there are quite a few offers where you don't have to spend at all.

Orangecake123 Tue 30-Jan-18 08:56:29

I think I will sign up to kidstart. I tend to order a lot from Amazon.But I've always used Topcashback. I've earnt £50 over two years on normal spending.

getrunningirl Tue 30-Jan-18 19:43:20

Hell I am soooo glad I asked!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 30-Jan-18 19:51:45

I use topcashback over quidco, they pay out quicker. Literally everything I buy goes through them.

greenlanes Tue 30-Jan-18 20:01:40

i use quidco, might investigate others now. But just a warning OP - I recommended quidco to my mum (in her 80s but very bright). She took out M&S car insurance and in the extraordinarily detailed and very small print the offer that they were promoting on their website wasnt valid if you came through a cashback site. So she had followed my guidance, opened a quidco account, clicked on M&S insurance, followed the links. So she ended up not getting the offer on M&S website nor getting cashback. I had to hunt and low for that small print and I read everything. So not everything is golden.

alletik Tue 30-Jan-18 20:02:26

I use TopCashback too. I'm not a massive online buyer, but I save up my points all year and cash them in in December to help with Christmas shopping. Usually have £100 to claim back most years.

I also have the rewards from NatWest, and keep my nectar / Tesco / boots points all year too.

By December, I usually have about £300 in various points to spend at Christmas. Helps a lot!

Mrscog Tue 30-Jan-18 20:04:43

Yeah I’ve been using Quidco for a longtime - £960 ‘up’ so far. It’s good for insurance and stuff like that.

Clickncollect Tue 30-Jan-18 20:06:59

I just started using quidco a few months ago and have a decent amount of tracked cashback but nothing actually credited to my quidco account yet. So just be warned that it takes months to come through, depending on the retailer.

TellerTuesday4EVA Tue 30-Jan-18 20:09:41

I really rate KidStart. I'd never heard of it until a colleague mentioned it. I signed up around summer time & I've got just short of £100 in DD's account already

CorianderSnell Tue 30-Jan-18 20:23:33

I use topcashback. You just have to be careful to not be tempted to buy something only because it has cash back - do your usual shopping around, then check if you can go through cash back site when you’re ready to buy. Once you’re in the habit it’s easy.

Best payouts for me have been on car hire and switching energy provider, but all the little bits on kids clothes, presents, household stuff adds up. I’ve earned about £300 in two years all on stuff I would have bought anyway.

romany4 Wed 31-Jan-18 13:06:51

I use Topcashback and Quidco.
I changed broadband in December and booked my Summer holiday and earnt £135 so am pleased

caprifun Sat 03-Feb-18 14:42:55

Using Quidco here too, we've earned around £1000 over about 10 years of using it. We tend to book big things like Ferry tickets, airport parking, household insurance through it, which really bump it up. And I spent a fortune through it at Mothercare when the DC were a bit younger. Also, if you take out the earnings as vouchers rather than cash then you get a percentage boost on it - amount depends on the store but when I last took some out I got 15% more by getting debenhams vouchers.

swimster01 Sat 03-Feb-18 15:06:46

I use Quidco and Easyfundraising (the latter raises money for charities/clubs/schools etc).

Quidco is my default, but if I am shopping with a shop that isn't available via Quidco, I use Easyfundraising to raise money for DC sports clubs

ankasi Thu 08-Feb-18 14:48:45

I use TopCashback, and have had £94 back so far. But I only shop for myself. Quite a large chunk of this came in through Avis and Hotels . com for my last holiday.
Usually, I compare how much I get back through TopCashback and how many Avios I get if I shopped through the BA Executive Club account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now