Talk

Advanced search

Cheap ideas to get DS (12 & 15) out and and about

(6 Posts)
Jackjack Tue 02-Jan-18 09:00:56

Need to get my boys out and away from screens after Xmas binge!!
Things they like are expensive eg cinema, bowling. Don't have national trust membership as I think I may have over done that in the past and they moan as soon as they hear the words!! Any ideas very gratefully received!! XxX

OP’s posts: |
scrappydappydoo Tue 02-Jan-18 09:07:29

Geocaching?

ipsofatto234 Tue 02-Jan-18 11:02:05

English heritage membership maybe? Merlin have their annual pass sale on now - although I appreciate that is not, in itself, cheap!! May work out well if your kids are keen on those attractions tho and includes Legoland/Warwick castle/Sealife etc... What about swimming? Many local council pools have a "fun" session at least once a month with inflatables/obstacle courses in the water etc. Have a look on Groupon for local attraction offers. Lastly, would they be at all interested in giving Parkrun or something similar a try? Finally, our local leisure centre regularly runs offers for sessions on its indoor rock climbing wall, which have proved a hit here!

Macarena1990 Tue 02-Jan-18 14:27:51

Rock climbing is very reasonably priced around here too.

Do you have a cineworld near you? They do an unlimited pass for under £20 a month per person - I'm going to get on for DD (11)

Jackjack Tue 02-Jan-18 18:49:40

Thanks all will have a look at our local pool Xx

OP’s posts: |
puffylovett Tue 30-Jan-18 22:32:46

I've just seen this, would love ideas too. Our local bowling alley does a special £1 a game at certain times, for example Sunday mornings you can also go and laser quest for £2 each or something daft.
Our leisure centre also does a 'junior recreation' session, with bouncy castles and games followed by an hour of swimming for £5.
Other ideas welcome!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in