Is music magpie worth it for a few quid?

(13 Posts)
megletthesecond Sun 19-Nov-17 16:02:39

Got some spare time so am tempted to sell old Cd's for a bit of cash. I know I won't get much but a tenner is better than nothing.

Is MM as easy as it appears to be?

OP’s posts: |
OMGtwins Sun 19-Nov-17 16:05:34

Ziffitt does this too, check both to see which has best prices. I did 4 boxes for ziffitt and made 100 quid. Didint get any more than a pound a cd tho.

EnglishGirlApproximately Sun 19-Nov-17 16:05:57

It’s easy to use but you get pennies for most CDs do unless you’re getting rid of a lot it’s time consuming for not much money tbh. I’ve done it when I moved overseas as I had a lot to get rid of but I wouldn’t bother for a few bits.

megletthesecond Sun 19-Nov-17 16:52:59

Thanks all.

I'm going to have a bash I think. My expectations are very low!

OP’s posts: |
MaisyPops Sun 19-Nov-17 16:58:16

Not worth it.
We spent over half an hour and wpuld have made £3-4.
They are quick to refuse to take some CDs too.
I wouldn't bother in future.

PoppyPopcorn Sun 19-Nov-17 17:00:24

Yes it's time consuming and a pain in the neck. But if the alternative is getting nothing for the stuff, it's probably still worth it in my opinion, especially if you don't have to go out of your way to get to a Post Office.

AliceWhatsth3Matter Sun 19-Nov-17 18:19:12

I sold a load of CDs and DVDs to Music Magpie recently. They were all films or music I wouldn't listen to/ watch again. Very few made over £1 individually but in total I made £15 from clutter.

I packed them in 2 sturdy boxes, printed off the label and a courier picked them up. I also got the full amount, they accepted them all.

It's not worth selling CDs or DVDs at boot sales or on face book generally, they go for so little. If I hadn't sold them it would have been a charity shop, or, more likely, cluttering up my house indefinately. The money was handy too.

Advertisement

EmilyChambers79 Mon 20-Nov-17 15:07:46

I filled a medium size box for Music Magpie of dvds and CDs. I got £36. Took ages to load the numbers on as I didn't realise you could download the app and scan the barcode but £35 was better than nothing. It went straight into my LISA and freed up space at home!

Aki99 Fri 22-Dec-17 19:29:37

Yes - worth trying to sell yourself but I found they would take it for a decent price if I couldn’t shift it

EmmaT93 Fri 22-Dec-17 19:30:28

Ziffit gave me a much better price

LadyWithLapdog Tue 26-Dec-17 18:17:16

The kids did this as they had the time. Hassle nonetheless (finding big enough box, driving to a shop that accepts the box). Charity shop much better.

HeadDreamer Tue 26-Dec-17 18:19:21

I did a few years ago when I got rid of all my CDs. The alternative is £0 and to the bin. So I think it’s worth it even for the tenner.

somewhereovertherain Fri 29-Dec-17 06:37:25

I had a look once wasn’t worth it. I put them on a local sell and seek site and some games on eBay. Got £15 for one game that they offered me pence for.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in