Talk

Advanced search

The Friendly Frugaleers Keep on Chatting (and having babies!)

(1000 Posts)
WreckTangled Sun 22-Oct-17 07:57:53

New thread, everyone welcome!

Pinkpeppermintteaforme Sun 22-Oct-17 08:06:27

Sending Good luck to Cag
Sunny I have a terrible resting face grin
I have read that smiling does positively affect MH but the feminist in me thinks F* off with telling women to smile .
Working 9-8 today sad

Loveabaconsandwich Sun 22-Oct-17 08:07:24

Sending lots of easy labour vibes to cag

Thanks for all the anxiety tips on the last thread. I think I may find them useful too

Hope you are feeling better today em . Sharing the overnight feeds at the weekend is such a life saver and DH can always take a nap later grin . The F1 (although we enjoy it) is quite good for helping you have a catch up snooze smile

We’ve finally had the heating on. I was cold even in a big hoody yesterday. No point being miserable

WreckTangled Sun 22-Oct-17 08:14:43

We’ve got the heating on too. Mil is looking after the dc and wouldn’t want her to be cold.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:21:31

Good luck Cag, third times a charm!.

Em you're not taking lemsip and paracetamol together are you?.

lifelongfrugaleer Sun 22-Oct-17 08:22:54

Thanks wreck

ememem84 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:34:28

I slept through. Just woke up now. First full all the way through nights sleep for about 4 months! Wooohooo!!

fluffy no! Not taking lemsip and paracetamol at the same time. The paracetamol was for if I woke up in the night and needed it. But as I didn’t wake up...I didn’t need it!

cag thinking of you today! Good luck! Xxx stay calm (easier said than done) and we’ll see you on the other side - Mummy of new baby caglet!!

Nsd today. Need to sort out money. I’ve been paid but our joint ac is overdrawnso need to move some money.

CollieBobs Sun 22-Oct-17 08:36:01

Good luck cag

Cagliostro Sun 22-Oct-17 08:37:05

Signing in, fantastic thread name grin grin

Being unfrugal and getting a taxi, although it's actually not much more than a bus for this long journey. Couldn't face 90 minutes of panicking grin

Had to turn back as I forgot my food bag blush grin and also reassure driver that I'm not actually IN labour grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:47:27

Phew! It's easily done & we still lose people from accidental overdoses.

Cag I'd get a taxi too.

We've already had our heating on, I switch it off every hour for 15 minutes or so. You don't notice because the rads stay hot. Once the heatings been through two cycles of that the room stays warm anyway so I switch it off.

I never did find an electrician to fit my chop cloc so I do it manually.

I need £40 in vouchers & my Xmas shoppings done.

Did anyone see the Xmas thread when one woman ordered loads of bows etc off eBay? They cost pennies off eBay.

ChristmasSeacow Sun 22-Oct-17 08:50:01

Good luck Cag!

I lost a post last night, never mind. Following the chat about anxiety with interest as I've no doubt that DS has this issue too, so the tips are very helpful.

DD only woke up once between 11.30 and 7am - this is a miracle! I feel amazing! I think we are edging towards a bit more of a sensible routine (albeit two steps forward, one step back). If I could crack the self settling I think it would all fall into place.

Planning to do a bit of batch cooking today and then off to a friend's for dinner. He's a bit of a Bon viveur so it will be spectacular and over-the-top. Sadly I will still have to do the night feeds as DH is working tomorrow so won't drink much. It's also going to mess up my dieting efforts but I will just stick to plan the rest of this week and hope that one meal doesn't derail me completely.

Should be LSD - I'd like some swede for my vegetable broth, which I forgot on the online shop, and will need to pay for the tube later.

Laska5772 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:58:01

good luck cag as you can see we are all routing for you!
I am waiting to call parents(they wont be up yet) to see if they want a visit today ,Mum has been in hospital the last couple of days (a fall and they kept her in for obs). she ok though will now have to accept some of the help she has been resisting up to now.

if they do ill be on the ferry. at least the storm has gone through.it wouldnt have been good yesterday and bound to be pretty bumpy today .

Laska5772 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:58:52

thanks for new thread wreck

lifelongfrugaleer Sun 22-Oct-17 09:03:41

Yes I saw that fluffy. I'm very tempted as I love a bit of poncing.. unfortunately it's list on most people I gift to

Taytocrisps Sun 22-Oct-17 09:04:04

Morning everyone, popping in to wish Cag all the best for today. Nobody's going to give out to you for getting a taxi today (of all days) smile. Should be a NSD. DH made an Indian curry yesterday so we're having leftovers today. We might need to think of something else for DD because she was complaining it was too spicy.

lifelongfrugaleer Sun 22-Oct-17 09:04:54

For list = lost. Stupid phone

ememem84 Sun 22-Oct-17 09:08:16

sunny I’m also afflicted with bitchy resting face. Apparently I look like I’ve got a right arse on.

Agree with pink smiling is great for mental health but off you fuck telling me to smile. “Cheer up love...” Eugh.

Mix feeding is definetly the way to go for us at present. We’re trying to switch ds gradually to formula.

I didn’t like bf in public. I felt judged and super self conscious. So formula will make things easier. Also didn’t get on with expressing. And as long as ds doesn’t go hungry. I don’t care. Happy baby happy mum happy dad happy life. Standards lowered. 😉

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 22-Oct-17 09:13:12

Love

Look on eBay for an actifry, I bet there will be someone local to you selling one.

We've got a halogen oven, love it. Big ovens hardly used now.

LillyLollyLandy Sun 22-Oct-17 09:28:51

GOOD LUCK CAG!!! Hope it all goes well and that baby is out super quick. Enjoy the enforced rest. I managed to watch pretty much an entire series of The Originals on Netflix when I was being induced with DD2 - bliss!

Em BFing isn’t for everyone. You’ve given it a good go! You’ve got a very hands on, involved DH and it’s great that he’s doing night feeds. Keep him at it!

I’m still feeding DD2 but now that I’m back at work I’m struggling to express enough for her during the day, so we are also now supplementing with formula. She’s a total milk monster at night which is making me very tired so once she’s 1, I’ll be moving her onto cows milk and turning off the taps. I would love to be able to do extended breastfeeding like sunny and lonely (I think) but i find it so hard feeding and working, so tend to give up around the 12 month mark.

Today is likely to be a bit spendy. It’s DD1’s birthday tomorrow (she’ll be 6) so need to get the last few bits and pieces. I’m currently upstairs in bed - I let DH have a lie in til 9 while I got up with DS and DD2 at 6ish
(We’ve had a lovely relaxing morning watching tv and eating brekkie) and now it’s his turn to deal with the mob. I can hear yelling and wailing coming from downstairs tho - any bets on how much longer I get to be on my own in bed?!

ememem84 Sun 22-Oct-17 09:35:33

lily I think it’s amazing that some people bf for as long as they do but agree not for everyone. I’ll probably still keep doing it a couple of times a day, morning and before we go to bed but the rest of the time especially if we’re out and about it’ll be formula. Unless I have an emergency run out of bottles and have to bf in public.

fluffy I’ve taken lemsip before then had a couple of paracetamol. Felt realllly floopy. Learned my lesson the hard way.

mammymammyIRL Sun 22-Oct-17 10:05:37

Place marking will catch up later

Cagliostro Sun 22-Oct-17 10:36:38

Thank you all thanks

I am now on hospital wifi thanks to a friend in the know who told me the password grin yay!

Nothing started yet just had monitoring and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for the doctor to come round. smile

Cagliostro Sun 22-Oct-17 10:39:15

Floopy! That's a Phoebe Buffay word ❤️ Haven't watched Friends for ages. Need to introduce the Caglets to it (especially the 'pivot' episode after the new bed adventures the other day).

Agree about BFing everyone needs to find the way of feeding that works for them. And it is really important that baby can accept bottles when you go back to work, can't imagine the stress if they didn't!

LonelyOversharer Sun 22-Oct-17 10:43:42

Found you! I'm just up blush

cag wishing you love and an easy induction, one step at a time, you'll be fine xx

I only fed my dd's to about a yr (12,13 & 14 mo) but ds had bad teeth, and was in pain a lot, and barely ate. I weaned him as soon as his gums healed after his op! It was exhausting, and meant he didn't sleep well and neither did any of us really for 2.5 years. He's only sleeping now in his own bed, for most of the night, and he's 5.5. My pennance for not making enamel for his poor teeth. And I didn't work with the girls, took ds with me, so a different situation as well.

If ds likes bf em your body will adjust easily to a couple of feeds a day if you drop it gradually, so no leaking or engorgement, that was very painful. Tailing off slowly is much easier than just stopping. Your ds has had the super important bit, your colostrum that has all your anti bodies in it, the rest is just magic free food!

Wild weather here today. Dp is out on his bike. He'll be in a super mood later!

We always wait and watch the f1 love then sleep right through it. Moto gp has a similar effect on me too.

Girliefriendlikesflowers Sun 22-Oct-17 11:07:47

Thanks for new thread Wreck smile

This book is the one that has helped me the most re anxiety fab book would recommend it to anyone and the tips would be useful for children as well.

Woke up late due to late night yesterday, going to sort ourselves out and go into town in a bit. Got the little dog coming later - squeeeeeeeee!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.