Talk

Advanced search

Best online food shop?

(13 Posts)
Ding3kids Wed 07-Jun-17 16:12:20

Hi
I've been ordering online from tescos every other week and the week between going to aldi for small bits/ cheaper stuff that we like.
Found tescos convenient (I have a business and 4 year old, 2 year old and newborn so need convenience!) but since the club card changes I'm not too keen on the points so looking elsewhere for better options.
Oh didn't like Sainsbury's. Also he's a food snob so needs to keep him happy as well!
What do everyone prefer?

OP’s posts: |
user1487175389 Wed 07-Jun-17 17:29:02

They're all crap round here, not bothering to turn up and actually deliver the food. With the expensive exception of Waitrose.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 07-Jun-17 19:48:50

Waitrose is cheaper than you think, if you shop carefully.

Darthvadersmuuuum Wed 07-Jun-17 20:05:21

Is second Waitrose. Their own brand stuff are mostly good so I shop those and whatever their offers are that week. It's easier to resist their expensive tempting treats when shopping online.

Hulababy Wed 07-Jun-17 20:18:12

With regards to ease of use - it is generally which ever you use most!

I like Ocado best - does direct from warehouse so we found we have far less missing items or subs, better looking/fresher fruit and veg, longer dates, and more likely to be on time, inc at Christmas. I pay a monthly fee so can have as many deliveries as I like.

I really didn't rate Tesco or Asda delivery. Sainsbury's fruit and veg was dreadful when it came. Waitrose was generally good and often free delivery - but dreadful for Christmas time ime. And still more subs than I'd have liked.

Hulababy Wed 07-Jun-17 20:18:58

I also agree that Waitrose isn't always any more expensive than Sainsbury's and Tesco, depending on how you shop.

Sparkletastic Wed 07-Jun-17 20:56:14

Ocado

TellMeItsNotTrue Wed 07-Jun-17 21:44:59

What changes to clubcard??

MrsJamin Wed 07-Jun-17 21:48:14

Ocado: hardly ever substitute, longer lasting items as they come straight from the warehouse, don't quibble refunds = all mean less food wastage and you pay for what you actually use. Have shopped weekly for about 7 years!

Ding3kids Wed 07-Jun-17 22:13:19

I used to buy stuff around the house with their double up club card points but they don't do it so don't think their club card offers are good value except the meals and there's only so many times we want to eat at the same places

OP’s posts: |
Brittbugs80 Thu 08-Jun-17 12:11:53

Ocado is our favourite. Used them for 3 years now and cannot fault them. Sainsburys were expensive, Tesco constantly forgot items and Asda used to lose bags of shopping and get the orders messed up.

We spend 80 week, family of 3

skyzumarubble Thu 08-Jun-17 12:15:02

Tesco have always been really good for us. We changed from Ocado after dts were born as it was too expensive when I was on mat leave and never bothered changing back.

I was away at the weekend and there was an Asda - it was markedly cheaper than Tesco / Sainsbury's. there isn't one near me so I'd never been in one before but I have no idea about delivery from them.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 08-Jun-17 12:15:07

I find Ocado really reasonable. Every order with them so far I have had money knocked off or a free gift - if you sign up as a new customer now, you get free anytime delivery for a year and £20 off your order.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in