Talk

Advanced search

May we continue our furious frugaleering into June : )

(995 Posts)
mammymammyIRL Mon 22-May-17 11:07:34

Anyone new, lurking or regular poster interested in getting the best value for their money big or small- this is our happy place grin join in

Laska5772 Mon 22-May-17 11:08:57

Yo! First in? grin

mammymammyIRL Mon 22-May-17 11:13:45

Yep!

My spends so far €18 in primark.
Running crop trousers, 4 underwear(sadly lacking & a meme on Facebook this morning gave me the push I needed!) a tshirt.
€1.70 on parking
Joint account spends - €40 diesel for au pairs car & €5.50 on cream buns as a friend's coming over for tea after preschool finishes smile

Laska5772 Mon 22-May-17 11:15:33

Dentist £20.
Waitrose as its nrxt to dentist an i thought indeserved a coffee an naice lunch thing £ 13.76 . I did get few bits more than more than just naice lunch - (summer rolls) in reduced section...

mammymammyIRL Mon 22-May-17 11:15:50

Donated a cot mattress to someone's gardening project this morning
Ds didn't want to go to preschool he's not used to me being at home & teacher had to prise him from me when I was leaving sad

mammymammyIRL Mon 22-May-17 11:16:53

My mouth is still sore after dentist on Friday, you mustn't had numbing if you're thinking about lunch grin

Laska5772 Mon 22-May-17 11:16:58

Arggh terrible fat fingers .. this phone keyboard is tiny!

Laska5772 Mon 22-May-17 11:18:29

No got away with check up and scale and polish ( that still meant that I deserved a treat though IMHO grin)

mammymammyIRL Mon 22-May-17 11:23:16

Similar to me except my teeth are extremely sensitive so I'd to get the lower jaw numbed grin

Cagliostro Mon 22-May-17 11:34:40

Signing in, thanks for new thread smile

CremeEggThief Mon 22-May-17 11:39:41

Thanks Mammystar. Enjoy your tea and cream buns!

Loveabaconsandwich Mon 22-May-17 12:33:53

Thanks for the new thread

I normally have a chocolate bar straight after the dentist laska as my reward/rebellion against the dentist

Off to a conference this pm so off on my travels again. Was hoping I could follow some colleagues on the walk from the station to the place but no one is on my train. I have the worst sense of direction, even with a map blush . I may not make it there grin

Extra payment on the cc sounds a wise decision cag. You really have been good with the frugaleering money saving these last few weeks!

Loveabaconsandwich Mon 22-May-17 12:39:25

brewcake once you've got over the cleaning lonely. Nothing worse than that kind of illness to clean up!

Sorry I did laugh at what DS called you seacow. I remember my midwife saying my ankles were swollen at the end of pregnancy, but they were just their normal size!

ememem84 Mon 22-May-17 13:06:03

Hello!

Nsd so far. Homemade quiche for lunch. Have been told that my Drs fees have been approved for repayment. Yippeee!!

Catface and dh are tolerating each other. Well she's tolerating him. He fed her this morning.

Gorgeous day today. 21 degrees. Just popped out for a walk in the sun. Almost didn't want to come back. But have a lot on today so am staying put.

Sent email to hr re my start date for mat leave. Scary. Getting more real!!!

mammymammyIRL Mon 22-May-17 13:59:37

Seacow by the way none of us are putting you to shame with our exercise you're pregnant grin
Em when do you start Mat leave?

Laska5772 Mon 22-May-17 14:23:03

ANOTHER RANT !!! £22 M&S for another new bra ( as despite having a bursting at seams bra drawer I cant find a white or cream one that actually fitsangry. I wish I didnt have boobs , i really do ( or had nice neat small ones)... useless things when you get to my age..(well DH wouldnt agree, but i'd very happy to hand them over to him to wear if i could!!! grin) Apols if am bein insensitive to any of you..

SunnyLikeThursday Mon 22-May-17 14:25:29

Thanks for the new thread!

Laska5772 Mon 22-May-17 14:27:51

Lovely day herereally warm.. Need i am awalking advert for Hush today in my pink raglan top and black and white striped flowy skirt.. would be better if i didnt have the opaques on though but legs are chalk personified . BBC says 20deg here but feels warmersmile

Cagliostro Mon 22-May-17 14:30:50

Oh same here laska am a 38HH and I hate it! I currently live in a grand total of two Elomi bras which I alternate. Once I find something that fits I just get it in different colours but there's no point at the moment as pregnancy seems to be making them get bigger again.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 22-May-17 14:47:20

Bargain on the shoes Mammy, I'd have done the same.

Em Dh dropped fluffy cat when he was a kitten, he mostly avoided him for 6 years. He's persona non grata at the moment because He put the kickboards back in the kitchen. Cats have better memories than dogs.

£1.55 coffee beans.

I think sainsburys clothes are 25% off this week, it usually starts on a Tuesday.

lifelongfrugaleer Mon 22-May-17 15:03:14

Thanks

SunnyLikeThursday Mon 22-May-17 15:33:41

Laska I'm very pleased to realise that having small boobs is a good thing. I do and I didn't know it was useful.

Cag I always try to imagine what you look like and totally fail, and now knowing your bra size is complicating my mental image of you. grin

Laska5772 Mon 22-May-17 15:39:37

sunny I am only talking about how i feel about my own boobs, of course...

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 22-May-17 15:42:24

Thanks Mammy flowers

mammymammyIRL Mon 22-May-17 15:54:06

Saw a pint glass rolling on footpath yesterday suggested to dh he pick it up & bring it home. I'm after picking it up in 200 pieces no exaggeration from base of dishwasher angry frugal fail.

Had picnic at beach with dc after school pick up €7.25 at centra shop as I hadn't done shopping yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now