Talk

Advanced search

Budget diy and decorating.

(8 Posts)
nevernotstruggling Mon 24-Apr-17 13:56:20

I can't see me leaving my rental any time soon. I need to paint over stains in a few places and have a general refresh.

I have bog all money and most of the walls are white.

Any ideas? Where is the cheapest paint?

StereophonicallyChallenged Mon 24-Apr-17 14:03:30

We have a recycled paint place near here. Can you check around locally if you have one?
It's really cheap for paint,especially plain white smile Try your local council website as a place to start looking!

stuckinthehouse Mon 24-Apr-17 14:09:39

If most of the stains are below head-height, you can just paint the bottom half of each wall. Uses half the paint and can look quite effective.

stuckinthehouse Mon 24-Apr-17 14:10:27

I meant paint the bottom half in a contrasting colour, if you're allowed to do that....only just noticed that you're renting.

nevernotstruggling Mon 24-Apr-17 15:05:08

Ll doesn't care if I decorate. I love the idea but the stains are in ceiling from the roof leaking. The landlord replaced the roof so it's safe to decorate now!

specialsubject Mon 24-Apr-17 16:30:33

The stains aren't your fault so you dont fix. Landlord should as part of making good.

Leatherboundanddown Tue 25-Apr-17 12:23:48

Don't buy cheap paint, it is a false economy.

Get the big trade size matt emulsion from Johnstones these go for ages and are very affordable. If you want colours then check out the johnstones range stocked in The Range and B&M. These are as good as dulux paints.

For accessories try Ikea, b&m, poundshops, wilko and dunelm. You can pick up stuff really cheaply. Also ebay worth a look for things such as cushions.

nevernotstruggling Tue 25-Apr-17 13:47:32

Johnstones in the range I'm there!! Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now