Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car boot sale tips

(5 Posts)
Pissedoffhousewife Thu 23-Feb-17 15:16:20

I have had a huge clear out and have so much to sell so DH and I are going to do a car boot sale. We have everything from a Swarovski vase and designer baby clothes right through to old dvds, placemats and toys. Am I best to arrange the boxes in categories - baby clothes, home items, etc or by price? Any other tips that experienced car booters can give me would be greatly appreciated!

recklessgran Thu 23-Feb-17 19:24:19

If you can be bothered I would probably e-bay anything really good. In my experience people never want to pay much for anything at a car boot. Having said that I do them regularly through the summer and really enjoy it. You meet such interesting people! I would sort things into categories and don't price anything but have a rough idea of how much you would like for certain things. People do like to have a rummage and I would take the attitude that as you don't want the stuff anyway, anything is better than nothing.Good luck and enjoy!

Pissedoffhousewife Thu 23-Feb-17 20:44:09

Thank you for the advice. I've sold some stuff on ebay but it cost £7 to sell £43 worth of stuff which I think is quite high and i've got a baby and a toddler so it was a bit too much hassle getting everythingto the post office. We've got the mindset like you said that even if we made 50p (or less) per item we will be getting rid of things we don't want and making a bit of money for our holiday smile

ChocolateSherberts2017 Tue 28-Feb-17 11:40:08

I always hire a stall through the baby & children's market for about £12 and make on average £100.
www.babyandchildrensmarket.co.uk

Sell the baby clothes separately in an affluent area, I find there's less quibbling on the price.

Pissedoffhousewife Tue 28-Feb-17 21:01:26

Thank you. I'll have a look at that site smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now