Talk

Advanced search

Womble, - photograph of receipts submitted, anyone heard of this?

(6 Posts)
NormaSmuff Wed 08-Feb-17 08:45:40

you can use anyone's receipt apparently
and you get points and points = Amazon cash or paypal.

though surely people like to shred receipts due to conning issues how can this be safe?

Hempyhands Wed 08-Feb-17 10:14:34

I've seen it on a Facebook group but I cant understand why any organisation would pay for this information. What use is a used receipt to anyone? Equally as confused!

Hempyhands Wed 08-Feb-17 11:47:59

Okay Ive had a root around online and the website is called receipthog. They will give you coins for uploading pictures of receipts - they use the information from them for market research. You then convert your coins into money from amazon or paypal.

NormaSmuff Wed 08-Feb-17 11:52:33

still likes dodgy though doncha think?

NormaSmuff Wed 08-Feb-17 11:53:03

i might put other people's receipts on but would be wary about my own grin

tinnedpeaches Sat 11-Feb-17 01:05:06

I signed up to this for a while - the rate for converting coins to gift vouchers was so low that I got bored - it just wasn't worth my time to do it, plus I got annoyed at some receipts getting rejected because they said it wasn't readable. I think the coins earned are based on your spending total, so you'd only build up coins quickly if you spend a lot in normal shops - we tend to do most shopping online and only spend a bit in actual physical shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now