IRESA - any knowledge of them?

(10 Posts)
frazzledbutcalm Sun 05-Feb-17 09:17:43

Looking to switch gas and electric. Anyone with them, heard of them?
TIA

OP’s posts: |
hoddtastic Tue 02-May-17 11:50:01

bumping this, have recently moved to them, cust svcs is AWFUL.

They've got my transfer wrong, taken a DD when they aren't supplying me yet (i cancelled it) and are not replying to emails and the phone queues are ridiculous,can anyone vouch for them?

specialsubject Thu 04-May-17 09:22:42

Dodgy as a very dodgy thing with some online digging.

Electricity unit prices have gone up by 20-50% over the last year depending on supplier, so you are looking at a big bill hike whatever you do. Some fixes are the same as standard prices. But inflation is only 2.5% ..

hoddtastic Fri 05-May-17 13:18:34

i am fixed for 12 months... so... let's see what happens. they're about 60 a month cheaper than what we currently pay.

specialsubject Fri 05-May-17 22:13:16

Just to check those are actual figures? The ofgem model lies!

Bigbags Fri 05-May-17 22:22:30

Oh no 🤦‍♂️ I transferred to them last month. I'm going to be submitting monthly readings so will keep an eye on my payments. Surely they must be monitored by energy compliance people like all other suppliers?

hoddtastic Fri 05-May-17 22:44:56

yep, the standing charges and unit rates are miles cheaper than what i was on.

Advertisement

specialsubject Sat 06-May-17 09:53:01

Good news. The best I can do is 25% increase on my expiring fix, some were 60%.

hoddtastic Sat 06-May-17 11:49:30

to be fair we have been with the same people forever so I think we've been being ripped off price wise for a long time.

specialsubject Sat 06-May-17 13:43:34

Yes, you will be - although some fixes are now the same as standard tariffs. That said, suppliers are supposed to tell you on your bill if you could be on a cheaper tariff.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in