Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone gone from weekly to monthly pay?

(4 Posts)
littlepinkgiraffe Sat 28-Jan-17 17:39:13

DP's wages are switching in April from weekly pay to monthly.

We are having a terrible start to the year financially and it looks like it's going to be a tough year all round.

For that reason I have upped my budgeting massively to make sure we will be able to pay the bills etc. DP will be paid weekly until the last week of march and then will switch to monthly in April.

At the end of April, will he receive a standard monthly salary? I'm trying to get my head around it all to work out whether we lose any money or not. Sorry - I have been looking at budgets for the past 3 weeks straight it feels like and so I don't think my brain is working anymore!

Out2pasture Sat 28-Jan-17 17:57:07

I've been through this; for us the 4 weeks between the last weekly pay and the 1 monthly was very long.
But the total monthly pay for us was equal to the four weekly pays combined.
Again for us we paid as many regular bills in advance (so the month before) phone, internet, heat, electric. So that our only expenses during the 4 week wait was food and car fuel. We hunkered down and laid very low.
When the first monthly deposit arrived, I paid all the monthly bills first, tucked a tiny bit into savings and divide the rest by 30 (thirty days in the month) we then operate our house on a daily $x budget.
It works for us.

littlepinkgiraffe Sat 28-Jan-17 19:00:05

Thanks for replying Out2.

I have changed some of our bills payments dates today so everything goes out at the end of the month. Hopefully then we can try and keep enough back for food and fuel.

We have got very used to weekly pay so will be a struggle to begin with I think.

Out2pasture Sat 28-Jan-17 20:04:00

Yes, honestly for us about 6 months until I felt comfortable with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now