Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eviction help

(5 Posts)
user1470244422 Mon 09-Jan-17 16:27:13

Hello just need some advice! ( I have posted this on another thread but didn't get a response so could of been wrong one)
I've about to get evicted from a council property for rent arrears.
I've tried hard to clear them but due to change of circumstances I ended up oweing loads.

I've received a letter saying the court baliff will give me a date for eviction. Unless I clear the whole amount of 2600.
I am pregnant and have no one else to live with I have no family or friends to help me.
Does anyone know anywhere I could get help from.
It's just me living in the property.
Also have really bad credit so cannot get a loan! I really don't want to loose my home!
Thankyou
X

fiveminutespeaceplease Mon 09-Jan-17 17:05:30

Have you been to CAB? That would be the first thing I would do to find out where you stand. The problem you will face is that you have made yourself intentionally homeless buy not paying your rent and there for are in a large amount of arrears. Your local authority will access a claim for homelessness but will not house you themselves because off the rent arrears. Could you find a private property to rent? Rents are much higher but if you have a low wage or in receipt of benefits you could get housing benefit to help pay the rent.
Hope this helps

fiveminutespeaceplease Mon 09-Jan-17 17:06:52

Contact shelter also if your local council turn you away. Hope you sort it out

Fizzywinegum Tue 10-Jan-17 09:28:12

Hello sorry that you are in this situation. I think you should contact your Housing Officer at the council that you rent from to discuss your situation and your rent arrears. You should also contact Shelter or CAB as soon as possible to see if they are able to help you. When you have an eviction date you should contact the court issuing the warrant and fill in an n244 form to apply to get the warrant suspended. Shelter or CAB should be able to help you with this. Also make sure you are receiving any benefits you might be entitled to. Hope this helps and good luck.

specialsubject Tue 10-Jan-17 17:02:05

Unfortunately the type of private landlord that will take you on may not be the type you would want to rent from. I don't think that route is feasible.

You are priority as you are pregnant. Go see the council and find out where you stand.

I take it no chance of help from the sperm donor?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now