Talk

Advanced search

Stocking up on dry goods/groceries

(6 Posts)
ivykaty44 Thu 10-Nov-16 20:50:35

Anyone stocking up on dry goods or groceries for a 6 month period?

I'm looking at stocking up, washing powder, liquid, shampoo, tea, coffee, tinned goods

Anyone else do this in bulk and got any tips?

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 11-Nov-16 14:25:58

Approved foods are good from what I see on here & mse. Dry goods aren't going to degrade too much.

ivykaty44 Sat 12-Nov-16 07:52:09

What are approved goods?

So far I have stocked up on coffee & tinned beans & tomatoes

Next shop I have spotted a discount on washing powder with £4 off a box

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 12-Nov-16 08:02:39

They sell out of date dry and tinned food. People on the frugal thread used to use them but you've got to have the space to store it all.

Biggest saving on washing powder is to buy own brand from Aldi, theirs always comes out level or higher than aerial in good housekeeping and which trials & unlike the brands it's not tested on animals.

Mummytogg Mon 14-Nov-16 11:01:28

I find it can save money. Every few months I sock up on tinned foods, rice, nuts etc then weekly tend to buy meat, milk and fruit/veg.

I stock up on washing powder and toiletries when I see them on offer I will buy a couple months worth at a time.

chanie44 Wed 16-Nov-16 12:48:09

I bulk buy items from Costco, which lasts for months - washing detergent, softner, rice, pasta, herbs.

It doesn't always work out cheaper, but it stops the top up shopping!!!. I also like the fact that even if we don't have time to do a foodshop, we won't starve, as there is always something to eat.

We had mice at home and they ate holes in 6 bags of pasta, so I got rid of them all ,which was a waste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now