Talk

Advanced search

How much does your Christmas food shop cost?

(12 Posts)
Crystal15 Wed 26-Oct-16 09:37:22

Please ignore if you find me too nosy. Genuinely curious as to how much the average person spends. To include all extras and alcohol over the festive period. We usually spend £200.

HughLauriesStubble Wed 26-Oct-16 09:44:36

I pick up snacky bits in the lead up, biscuits and sweets etc and get all the meat sorted in advance and my big christmas week shop cost around £100 last year. That didn't include any alcohol either, and wasn't even a proper week's shopping as I didn't have room in the fridge for the normal meat. We brazened it out on leftovers for a week though so I didn't have to do another shop til NYE.

HughLauriesStubble Wed 26-Oct-16 09:46:32

Sorry forgot to say if I added in the meat, drink and sweets/biscuits it would probably come to £180-£200. There's 2 adults and 2 kids here and we have my parent for xmas dinner too.

NoIsAnAnswer Wed 26-Oct-16 09:55:47

Too bloody much but we love food, have 'buffet' type food a few days over this period and there's 5 of us!

I'd say Christmas Eve to New Year's Day including alcohol and family visiting its in the region of £350-£400 realistically.

But we don't indulge like that any other time of year. We just really enjoy being together with no work/school so indulge in having food together and making something of it.

ShotsFired Wed 26-Oct-16 09:59:46

Last year came in at about £65-70 for 2 adults and including the normal weekly stuff.

We did have actual Christmas Day meal out, but I chose to make fancy roasts and suchlike on Boxing Day etc.

There may also have been several hundredweight of mini stollen in that shop too...

smEGGontoast Wed 26-Oct-16 10:10:16

About £350/400 maybe for Christmas Eve to New Year. We're a foodie lot though and there's 7 of us in the house. Plus any parents and anyone else who might come along, it could easily be more!

WaxingNinja Wed 26-Oct-16 10:12:37

About £400ish. Last year the turkey alone cost about £80.

chanie44 Wed 26-Oct-16 10:44:43

We normally go to family for dinner so don't spend anything.

This year, we will be having xmas dinner at home and I think we'll spend about £50 at most.Our children are 4 and 6 and don't eat much anyway, so there is no point in buying too much as food will end up getting wasted. Xmas dinner is a glorified roast and we always have potatoes and veg at home anyway, so all I'll be buying meat and some extras like pudding.

blackheartsgirl Sat 05-Nov-16 21:01:16

No more than 100. there's 8 of us over the Xmas period. Money's tight

Thattimeofyearagain Wed 09-Nov-16 20:44:42

£200-£250 for 4/5 adults.

maggiethemagpie Mon 14-Nov-16 19:20:43

Budgeting for £300 this year including drinks. We are going to treat ourselves though so not the budget option.

Palomb Mon 14-Nov-16 19:29:08

Well the turkey and a large fillet of beef are £100. I recon all together just on food & drink we'll spend about £250.

We're normally very frugal wth food so I'm not bothered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now