Advanced search

Help with housing benefit

(2 Posts)
Grazia22 Sun 28-Aug-16 08:14:51

I got house benefit three years ago.When my rent was increased I send new contract .They sent me papers that I was given too much benefit and they will reduce it and they weekly will take it back.They wrote it could be my or officer mistake and other action were not taken. I called them asking if I need to send our new P60 they said they already checked them and have an access to it.So I ignored it.After one year they sent me a letter saying that they were advised there was change in my circumstances change of capital and I need to sent two months bank statements.Should I send credit card statements too?They say that I have one month for it.Should I will be worry about that?Did you have a similar situation?I did not contact them with updates as they told me they have access to my income.If I have some cash paid in my statement should I worry about that?Please help!After searching Internet and reading all the posts here I started be worry.My husband's and my salary did not change but my husband gets bonuses

FriendofBill Sun 28-Aug-16 08:18:00

Send the statements and if there is an overpayment they will let you know and you will have to pay it back.

Im not sure how it works re bonus, but they may calculate it over the year and reduce the benefit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now