Talk

Advanced search

Where can I sell jewellery, not for scrap?

(2 Posts)
Glitterkitten24 Fri 05-Aug-16 08:31:30

Hello,
I'm on maternity leave so am watching the pennies. I had a big clear out last week and found some jewellery and two watches that have been bought for me and I have never worn. (I'm not ungrateful for gifts, but I hardly wear any jewellery). The jewellery is stuff like hot diamonds, the watches are DKNY.

There are loads of sites where I could sell them for the scrap value, but that wouldn't be much.
I tried listing a couple on eBay but nothing sold- I don't want to sell them for pennies so popped a reserve on but there was very little interest.

Anyone know where I might be able to sell them?

Grumpyoldblonde Fri 05-Aug-16 17:12:01

I would try a Facebook selling group, this kind of jewellery, while nice, is not very expensive in the first place so has little resell value. If you are having a mass clear out then why not try a home sale? I have done this, sold a ton of clothes and household bits and made quite a lot, I invited all my facebook friends (people I actually know, put a note up on the school parent board (summer hols now of course) and generally spread the word. It was a great laugh, and worthwhile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now