Where can I sell jewellery, not for scrap?

(2 Posts)
Glitterkitten24 Fri 05-Aug-16 08:31:30

Hello,
I'm on maternity leave so am watching the pennies. I had a big clear out last week and found some jewellery and two watches that have been bought for me and I have never worn. (I'm not ungrateful for gifts, but I hardly wear any jewellery). The jewellery is stuff like hot diamonds, the watches are DKNY.

There are loads of sites where I could sell them for the scrap value, but that wouldn't be much.
I tried listing a couple on eBay but nothing sold- I don't want to sell them for pennies so popped a reserve on but there was very little interest.

Anyone know where I might be able to sell them?

OP’s posts: |
Grumpyoldblonde Fri 05-Aug-16 17:12:01

I would try a Facebook selling group, this kind of jewellery, while nice, is not very expensive in the first place so has little resell value. If you are having a mass clear out then why not try a home sale? I have done this, sold a ton of clothes and household bits and made quite a lot, I invited all my facebook friends (people I actually know, put a note up on the school parent board (summer hols now of course) and generally spread the word. It was a great laugh, and worthwhile.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in